• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

My letter to top gear

blaznee

Hi guys,

I was bored at work and found my way past the top gear website.. Saw their mail in form and decided to send them an email.. Now just by the small chance it gets ait time, I thought maybe you guys would like to read it also.. So you all can smile knowingly when you watch your VUK version of the show ;-)

----

Well, first of all thank you for a brilliant show! We don't get the full lenght version on tv here, but there are other means of seeing that as you all probably know.. Anyways, I can't help but smile a bit when you all get wideeyed over a 25000 pound Mercedes A-class with a bit of ekstra kit in it.. Mind you, the A-class is blindingly expensive in any country, but let me tell you something really really scary!.. Know, you sit and whine over buslanes and a gazillion speed cameras on your roads, but at least you have cars that you can actually afford!.. I live in Denmark, and I think you'll be pretty horrified hearing what cars here costs.. For some reason the EU is still looking through fingers with the Danish car taxes. I'm thinking it's because the French and the Germans don't have a clue what we're saying because of language barriers.. Now maybe if you guys had a piece on car prizes around EU, the top brass from EU will get their eyes open..
Maybe I should quit whining and get a decent paying job, you might say.. Well, I do have a pretty decent paying job, and still I drive in a leased Avensis 1.8 stw which I can just barely manage to pay. I pay the equivalent of 350 pounds a month for the lease, and then there's ofcourse insurance and gas (approx. 1 pound pr. liter here)..
Now for some really scary facts with car prizes..

My Avensis stationwagon, if I were to buy it, costs the same as a BMW 530i touring in England..

Feeling like an Impreza WRX STI? The price that has in England would get me a nifty Peugeot 307 1.6 XR in Denmark!

What about a regular dreamcar? Ferrari F430, about the best car ever.. Well, it's 320.000 pounds for the basic one i Denmark

Hmmm, what about a Porsche Boxter S? I could ALMOST get an Aston Martin DB9 for the same money in England!! (105.000 pounds)

For the insane stuff? Way beyond anything.. Estimated road price for a new Zonda F? That was about 360.000 pounds right? On Danish plates, if you were to pay in pounds, they'll let you off with a bill of a cool 1.000.000 pounds!!

Regards,
Jesper

P.S. I love Spunk, so should you Jeremy!.. Did you all know you can get Spunk Vodka?

I don't know if it's such a good idea to remind them that their program is being distributed illegally, at least technically.

They are very very aware of that, believe me...

Nice letter :) I wonder how much of these they get. Do hosts really have time to read it...

And it's not really a secret that tv-programs are distributed on internet. And I can't imagine how this letter would make them do anything about it ;)

i don't see the point
what do you want them to do?
invite you to the show? give you a car?

you just wrote a letter. the guy that recieves it will read it and say "ok" and discard it

bone said:
i don't see the point

you just wrote a letter. the guy that recieves it will read it and say "ok" and discard it

He's just spreading a little good feeling. At least you don't live in Denmark appears to be the theme...

Hmmm, I'll go and have a look what JC said about the Danes in Motorworld...

Heh, I'd like to know what he wrote there also :)..

And yeah, I don't have a message with my letter at all, except that at least they don't have to live with huuuugely expensive cars in the UK

bone said:
i don't see the point

Hey, that?s a little rude. I think it?s interesting, seeing how things happen in other countries and YES it is a nice letter.

[EDIT]:Oh, just for comparison: Brazil taxes imported car in 75%, and the Pound is worth aprox 4 Reais (the currency in Brazil). So, to imagine how much a car would cost here, considering our purchasing power, multiply the value by EIGHT.

^didn't mean to be, srry if i came over rude

hehe, I live in Denmark to, and the cars is WAY to expensive. I would like car prices like I Germany.
When the Germanys come to Denmark, they have those big cars, and the Danes have all the little cars =( it's just sad

but then we have alot of other good stuff.

Madsm8 said:
but then we have alot of other good stuff.

Schnaps for lunch? Sorry to burst your bubble, but they do that in Germany too :p