Ownership Verified: My Little Pony

Snow? you mean drift lubricant?

With that solid axle, you don't need drift lubricant. The rear end steps out no questions asked. Just ask LeVeL about the first time he drove mine.

Last edited:
GT500 axlebacks are usually dirt cheap on eBay or in the forums. Think I paid $130 including shipping for mine.

^ I can, in fact, concur. "Let's pull a u-turn because I have to go the otheAAAHHHHH WHY IS IT SIDEWAYS?!??!?" It's fun in a masochistic kind of way... also known as awesome.

Great aint it? :)

- - - Updated - - -

GT500 axlebacks are usually dirt cheap on eBay or in the forums. Think I paid $130 including shipping for mine.

Not bad, you got any videos of what they sound like?

Don't you also need the GT500 rear bumper to support the quad exhaust tips?

IJ4Y6Or.jpg

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, the earlier Shelby's (2010-12?)have a single tip on each side. I believe that's how my mothers is. I don't have a picture of hers, but here's one.

The quad exhaust tips may have started with the 5.8?

Nice looking GT, by the way.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, the earlier Shelby's (2010-12?)have a single tip on each side. I believe that's how my mothers is. I don't have a picture of hers, but here's one.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. I was just going by the 2013-14s, and the Ford Racing catalog.

H3ZHitJ.png

Your mom has a GT500? That's frigging awesome! Also thanks :)

Looks beautiful man. Love the color in and out. And the Z was nice, but that GT's gotta be even more fun.

Snow? you mean drift lubricant?
:lol: As if that thing needs help.

Yeah, you guys already figured it out, just go with the single tip variant. No need for a new valance.
Here's a vid if you're curious about the sound:

[video=youtube;xL-vYOUZi88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL-vYOUZi88[/video]

That sounds damn good. For $130 shipped I just might need to do that.

I've had pype bombs (basically straight pipes) and the GT 500 axlebacks on my car. Straight pipes were really nice for about 5mins, after that the drone and sheer loudness of it just kills you. Also setting of car alarms when cold starting gets old quickly. It doesn't even sound really good. It's just loud.
The GT500 axlebacks are the exact opposite, they sound good. NO drone whatsoever, but they sound great idling and when you open the throttle they SCREAM.
Only downside is, that they're almost as heavy as the stockers, where a muffler delete saves you probably 40lbs.

Thanks for the info man, the search begins! I can drop 40lbs off of the weight by not being such a fat ass lol

Even thats not bad. I saw one on themustangsource for $225, but it was sold. I'm not desperate, so I'll keep waiting. Already set up Craigslist notifications for "GT500 exhaust" and "GT500 Axleback". Also while checking the catalog, I found several alternatives (Boss 49 state, Boss 50 state and GT500). Will need to look up videos of the differences later when I can play sound.

oKgZZ5J.png

Whats interesting is that they all claim throatier sound, but only one says it deals with drone.

Last edited: