my mazda familia gtx

dovla

Car(s)
PEUGEOT 206 GTI
hey guys,

just thought id post my car too :)

its a 1992 GTX Series 2 which i picked up 3 months ago - ?*oh and shes black :)

mods;

Uni filter (sounds so nice)
KYB adjustable suspension
hks blow off valve
full time 4wd with viscous lsd
16x7" Pursuit white wheels with Bridgestone potenza tyres all around
Jasma cat back exhaust
Strut bars
strengthen gearbox so she sounds a bit like rexies with dogbox in first :)
familia gtr clutch
custom made short shifter
painted calipers in red
autometer boost gauge
isotta steering wheel
momo gear knob
sparco racing pedals
manual boost controller (running 10psi at the moment, getting the electronic one soon)
clear side led indicators
she came from japan with rebuilt engine with forged pistons etc.

sound;

Alpine 9855R Headunit
Fusion splits
Sony 6" at the back
Kicker 10" sub in custom made box
Response 2 channel amp running sub (soon to be changed with new sub)

some pics to comple it :)

IMG_4470.JPG

IMG_4473.JPG

IMG_4474.JPG

IMG_4475.JPG

DSCN6304.jpg

DSCN6307.jpg

DSCN6311.jpg

DSCN6312.jpg

cheers
vlad

I've got a cousin with a Familia. Cool car. Loving the B4 Liberty there :)

Here in the States, it was called the 323. Base model was a 1.6. The 323 GTX was the turbo version, IIRC they were of limited sale here, and only for 2 years.

Around 1994 the hatchback was dropped, only 4 door sedans were sold, and the name changed to Protege.

Last edited:
Ah, A Mazda <3

It's called a 323 here aswell. Have you done the magic "trick" to get ~50 more hp out of it ?
A 323 GTX will set you back around $20-30.000 here in Norway. If you can find one! They are rare!

I Love my 626 GLX <3

Ah, A Mazda <3

It's called a 323 here aswell. Have you done the magic "trick" to get ~50 more hp out of it ?
A 323 GTX will set you back around $20-30.000 here in Norway. If you can find one! They are rare!

I Love my 626 GLX <3

No i havent, is that one of those ebay tricks for $15.99 ? :)

20k to 30k for a GTX ??? Maybe i should export mine to Norway heh. You can get the GTR here in AU for around 12k :)

vlad

The reason for the high price is of course the infamous "envy tax" we have here in this wonderful country.

If you where to import your car to Norway, with Norwegian numberplates, that would set you back the same amount you paid for your car in the first place.

Those are seriously cool cars. It's sad that Mazda didn't compete with them in the WRC a bit longer. You just gotta love homologation-specials though :)

A friend was interested in a 323 GTX or 323 GTR but the are tough to find here.

Estimated bhp at the moment? They have somthing like 180 or so in standard form right?

LOVE the BG man. i can only hope my BF GTX will look that nice once i sink more money into her.

Here in the States, it was called the 323. Base model was a 1.6. The 323 GTX was the turbo version, IIRC they were of limited sale here, and only for 2 years.

Around 1994 the hatchback was dropped, only 4 door sedans were sold, and the name changed to Protege.

yup the GTX was sold from 1988 and 1989 only 1200 came over to our fair country. best estimate is about 700ish or so still on the road(mostly in the northwest). I would NEVER suggest anyone buy one since parts are PAINFULLY expensive if you can even find them. not to mention the glass transmission and terrible digital dash.

Last edited: