My Mini Restoration Project

Hehehe. Engine mods will come later. Much later. Right now I gotta worry about rust and stuff. I wanna stick some flares on it too.

Done up those Clubmans (or Clubmen???) can look pretty schmiko.

gt.jpg

I hope it doesn't turn into a major money pit for you though.

Yeah I want mine too look like that but in British Racing Green. And I hope it doesnt cost alot!!!!

every reno will go over budget. You always want your car to look and perform that one percent better.

The car---- $5000
The paint---$100
:(
The feeling after you have finished doing it up----- priceless. :) :)

Hey all, the boot floor is all welded up and also the bit at the back, the rear side windows had alot of rust under the rubber. They are done as well, Putty is put everywhere but not sanded yet, Im starting to sand down the interior with 800 paper.....next step would probably be the A panel rust and footwell rust...

Also I need to know the paint codes for British Racing Green and White for the roof. I know there are alot of different BRGs can someone show me the main ones so i can pick?? I was thinking of a kindof metallic modern BRG like they have on the DBR9 :)

Last edited:
It doesnt look very nice on their site its kinda murky

I found my 2 choices:

This one is Jaguar "British Racing Green" Metallic.

http://img185.imageshack.**/img185/1851/509britbike02fy5.jpg

This one is one from Aston Martin, which I want. 56K BEWARE.......ITS HUUUUUUUGE

http://img134.imageshack.**/img134/6505/58astonmartindbr9ny7.jpg

Can some one please find me the name/code for the colours please.

Last edited:
Yeah that would be good. Is the code the same all around the world?

why green? A mini should be appealing and "out there" in your face. I dont see how green will give it that X-Factor.

well you see, i like the color green......:?

i dont have anything against the colour green. :( :oops:

After all it is your decision. If the paint job ends up looking like the Jaguar it would be wicked. 8)

Yeah I cant wait. Today I finished welding on the right side of the car and the body filler is in place. Tomorrow Ill sand it down and make it all smooth, then onto the left side! :D

I can access the Jag Intranet from my Land Rover connection to get you the color code. Not sure if I can get into Aston Martin as they are on a different system.

Can you get me the code for the Metallic BRG please

ooh just found this thread. love the clubman, my mum used to have one of those in grey. she nearly crashed it when she went over ice under a train bridge. good luck with the resto.