my MINI

Well thank you, but the salute really goes to the brave little Mini. It?s been properly maintained and taken care of, but it has always been driven hard whenever weather and traffic have allowed it. But the Mini doesn?t care. As long as it has fuel, oil, and water, it just keeps going...:)

IMG_20140218_182201.jpg

I drooled.

I guess...

*googles MINI R56*

Yep, a manual Cooper S, in red.

It?s great, but I prefer the first generation of the BMW Mini... even though objectively the R56 is a better car...

To be honest, I would love any of them. :lol:

after 11 years with the Mini I don?t think I will ever be able to cope with a "normal" car, especially since I?m spending a great deal of my free time behind the wheel at the moment. The next car needs to be fun, it needs to have more power (because a topspeed of 210 just feels slow after a while), and it needs to be reliable. So I?m really not sure what it will be (pondering the Toyobaru :mrgreen:), but I kind of want to have it before the middle of the year.

Alfa 4C!

Would be awesome, but slightly out of my price range at the moment :lol:

Was bored and read through this thread. Fantastic story! :)
A car with ~100 cowpower on trackdays, that's always fun - and embarassing for some people I guess? :D

Do you have onboards by any chance?

A car with ~100 cowpower on trackdays, that's always fun - and embarassing for some people I guess? :D

Well trackdays not so much, but I did get some weird looks at the tourist sessions on the Ring. :mrgreen:

Do you have onboards by any chance?

Nope, sorry. I got my Gopro after I got the BMW, and have only taken the Mini to the track once since then. There?s probably some shaky handheld material from codrivers somewhere, but as far as I know nothing has ever been uploaded...

I?m also quite careful with the no-cameras rule they have during tourist sessions. Because as much as I enjoy watching myself driving round in circles, it?s not worth even a 1-hour ban from actually driving round in circles...

Isn't it actually allowed again to use cameras on the Nordschleife since last year?