Unverified Ownership My Model 3 LR AWD

luokyio

Merc Maniac
Car(s)
CLS, CL, Scorpio
Just a few months ago I got annoyed with my Model S door handle problems, and traded it to a Audi Q7. Audi is an excellent car. The best car all-round I've ever had, on paper. But I just have not grown to enjoy it.

And then government published some quite intriguing incentives for people who get electric cars as a company car benefit, so this happened.

For now the order is in for a basic Model 3 SR+, white paint (the only free option), black interior (would love the white one, but would lose the fake wood... Hard choices), and a tow bar. Suomi spec ultimatum that is.

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
congrats on to your company car purchase!

I cannot keep up with your car ownership changes LOL.
Enjoy the new Tesla whenever you get it!

Last edited:
Model 3 got some really nice updates https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34396306/tesla-model-3-design-updates/

SR+ will not get these before Q1/2021 deliveries, so my options were either get the old model (with 2000 € discount), wait until February/March for the updated version, or change the reservation to Long Range or Performance. I chose Long Range. 4,4 seconds to 100 km/h sounds nice, and with 2000 € acceleration boost package (can be bought after delivery) would get it down to 3,7. And range with the latest changes is 580 km, which helps as I sold my house and will not have home charging at all anymore.

Went back and forth a million times with the colors. I ended up with an order for Midnight Silver paint and black interior, but then noticed an inventory 2021 LR model in blue, which would be a quicker delivery. Got an SMS that the delivery time window is from 10th to 18th of December. So I'll be looking at a month of impatiently waiting... Cannot wait! I have a pretty strong feeling that over winter I will be fine with the 4,4 second figure 0-100, but once the roads are grippy again, I will shed out 2000 € to get the acceleration boost to get that down to 3,7. Which should be enough for a while... Until it isn't. :p

1605250736363.png

I’m still slightly disappointed in myself for getting the black and not paying the premium for blue... oh well...

Good choice ?

I think blue is a great choice, but of course I would say that! :D

Damn it, I also forgot about the chrome delete the updated cars have. Now I'm a little more jealous :eek:

Delivery scheduled for 9th of December. The next 3 weeks will be looooooooong.

I think the new Aeros do look much better than the old ones, but I would have preferred chrome...

I definitely prefer the chrome on blue, maybe it looks better on MSM too but most other colours suit black better. I originally thought it was going to be introduced as a choice rather than a replacement for the chrome.

New wheels do definitely look better, the fact that they have pulled them in a bit should reduce the kerbing/curbing issues the old ones had.

Are you tracking a ship? Once I had the VIN I tracked mine across from San Francisco but ended up with a different car anyway. Can't actually remember how I knew it was on a certain ship now.

Delivery scheduled for 9th of December. The next 3 weeks will be looooooooong.
Yes, they will be :D

Fingers crossed that everything goes well. Delivery can be a bit of an Experience...

I went through a total of 3 delivery appointments - I don’t know why and I don’t really care to know either, but that sure was a bit of a rollercoaster (especially as they were super late with the paperwork and I went and registered the car on the actual day I was supposed to be picking it up only to be told while waiting at the DMV that my delivery had to be moved again...). In the end i picked it up in a nearby (River) harbor district that mostly seemed to be used to ship out used beaters... but one quarter of the warehouse was model 3 deliveries. When I arrived it sure felt like a scam and someone wanted to harvest my organs or sth. At least they did have a (tiny) Tesla sign at the gates... mind you this was early summer of 2019, so different times, but i think they’re still doing deliveries out of that dodgy warehouse ?

In the end i picked it up in a nearby (River) harbor district that mostly seemed to be used to ship out used beaters... but one quarter of the warehouse was model 3 deliveries. When I arrived it sure felt like a scam and someone wanted to harvest my organs or sth. At least they did have a (tiny) Tesla sign at the gates... mind you this was early summer of 2019, so different times, but i think they’re still doing deliveries out of that dodgy warehouse ?
Neuss? That's where I picked up mine in April '19, they refused to ship it to Frankfurt for some inane reason. Had a similar experience, the taxi driver even re-checked several times that this is actually where I want to go :p

Yes, Neuss ?‍♂️
I also had quite a few minutes to get thoroughly confused because I came from the train station on my little folding bicycle, so enough time to really take in the whole harbor surroundings and everything.

I definitely prefer the chrome on blue, maybe it looks better on MSM too but most other colours suit black better. I originally thought it was going to be introduced as a choice rather than a replacement for the chrome.

New wheels do definitely look better, the fact that they have pulled them in a bit should reduce the kerbing/curbing issues the old ones had.

Are you tracking a ship? Once I had the VIN I tracked mine across from San Francisco but ended up with a different car anyway. Can't actually remember how I knew it was on a certain ship now.
I don't know how to track? The VIN tracking at Wallenius Wilhelmsen was at least disabled some time ago because it was too easy to track any cargo that didn't even belong to you...

Yes, they will be :D

Fingers crossed that everything goes well. Delivery can be a bit of an Experience...

I went through a total of 3 delivery appointments - I don’t know why and I don’t really care to know either, but that sure was a bit of a rollercoaster (especially as they were super late with the paperwork and I went and registered the car on the actual day I was supposed to be picking it up only to be told while waiting at the DMV that my delivery had to be moved again...). In the end i picked it up in a nearby (River) harbor district that mostly seemed to be used to ship out used beaters... but one quarter of the warehouse was model 3 deliveries. When I arrived it sure felt like a scam and someone wanted to harvest my organs or sth. At least they did have a (tiny) Tesla sign at the gates... mind you this was early summer of 2019, so different times, but i think they’re still doing deliveries out of that dodgy warehouse ?
Delivery will be done at the main Tesla Service Center in Vantaa, so shouldn't be a hassle. The invitation said it would take 15 minutes (!!!). Pretty quick if that is accurate. I've never bought a new car before so I don't know how that normally works, but I assume longer.

15 minutes is about the time the delivery took in my case as well, plus another 15 minutes waiting on my part because I was fairly generously early. but hey, there was free coffee :) At the moment I think the delivery experience is a bit reduced because they're possibly doing "contactless" delivery because of covid, right?

For me, nothing much happened to be honest. They showed me the car, gave me the two keycards, asked me about the app, let me take a look then had me sign something, gave me some papers and that was basically it. Oh and before everything they took my plates and put them on the car. So yeah, 15 minutes sounds about right :D

Yeah, touchless delivery is what they say. And in my case there should be no need for any extra instructions because I should know how Teslas work.