My Mom's 1978 Ford Mustang Cobra II

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
In serious need of work (original paint) and hardly a classic, but it still has some get up and go (302 cubic inch V8 in it). :)

78mustangcobraii.jpg

And yeah, the color's a bit weird, but it's better IMO than this combo:

http://img224.imageshack.**/img224/6140/1975fordmustangcobraii1au3.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, that's old school. But 302cc engine?!?

I like how your parents have such cool/interesting cars.

what? your mom drives that car?

bad boy (mom?) for life

I like how your parents have such cool/interesting cars.

Is 302 too small or too big? It's just a standard 5L V8.

what? your mom drives that car?

bad boy (mom?) for life

She drove it up until a couple years ago when she got her new Civic. The Cobra was just too old (lack of decent heat, a little leaky, etc.). The Cobra's in the garage now. ;)

Isn't 302cc equal to 0.32 litres?

Er, haha, sorry, I meant cubic inches. What's the common abbreviation for that? Hmm...

Really? It just doesn't look right. Hmm...

302ci=5.0L. This body style of Mustang is considered the most undesirable and that is really due to the fact that it was designed during the height of the gas shortages, increased insurance rates, and new pollution regulations. It can be made to look good though.

Man, and I thought my mom's arrest-me-red Jetta with 17" alloys and and a growly aftermarket exhaust was a "bad" mom car!

302 cubic inches...very different from cubic centimeters (AKA milliliters)

I think we covered that already... ;)

The green Cobra stripes are totally groovy! I have a feeling these cars are going to start getting popular soon. It might be worth hanging onto that one.

This body style of Mustang is considered the most undesirable and that is really due to the fact that it was designed during the height of the gas shortages, increased insurance rates, and new pollution regulations. It can be made to look good though.

Yeah.

302 cubic inches...very different from cubic centimeters (AKA milliliters)

I had originally written "cc". ;)

305ci = 5.0L :p

302ci = 4.9L

Meh, the manufacturers round them off. Both Chevy and Ford had engines that they called 5.0s but one was 305ci and the other was 302ci.

Nope, one cubic centimeter = one milliliter. Remember that you're going from one dimension (centimeter) to three dimensions (cubic centimeter)

What's the point in using cubic inches anyway? It's so much more confusing than just saying litres.

What's the point in using cubic inches anyway? It's so much more confusing than just saying litres.

Not really.