My money pit

Off roading is most fun you can have in a vehicle as far as I'm concerned. Even if I do drive a street car I can appreciate what you guys do. This is an awesome ride dude, I'm gonna join the pack and request action videos :)

I should have 'er up and running for a local trailride near the end of the month. I will get some shots then for y'all. I found a smokin deal on a locker on craigslist and now I am waiting for the guy to call me back. if its still there I'm gonna try and pick it up tomarrow. then I just gotta order a new ring and pinion and I should have the parts I need.:)

Whoh, shit! That's like.. a mini monster truck! Money pit or not, it's awesome man! :thumbsup:

Sweet ride! I would really like to do a serious offroader once I finish my numerous car projects

If you don't use that for a daily driver, what do you use?

Sweet ride! I would really like to do a serious offroader once I finish my numerous car projects

If you don't use that for a daily driver, what do you use?

I really dont want to answer this one but I guess I will....a 2000 Hyundai Elantra 4door :lol::lol: really not a bad car though 2.0L 16 valve DOHC and a 5-speed. had it to 125 and it gets 30mpg as opposed to the 4-6mpg the beast gets when it gets over its asphault aversion syndrome. I'm currently looking for a new DD. found 89 BMW 525 locally. 5-speed, a few mods, anyone know about these?

*edit just found 89 5.0 mustang for about the same price :hmm:

Last edited:
Got my new locker today, Calling Randy's Ring and Pinion to order a new ring gear as soon as I can get permission from the g/f ;) should have the jeep up and terrorizing eviromentalists in a few weeks:lol:

So I spent the morning in the garage trying to test fit the new shafts in the rear only to discover the inner wheel bearing is toast. I'm thinking one of the seals had been bad allowing mud and water inside the axle tube. This just keeps getting more costly:mad:

on a better note I got a new DD 97 Grand Cherokee figure I'll keep it Jeep. Paid $3k its a 4.0, at, loaded 90,000mi not bad for being 11 years old.

At least the bearing didn't give when you were driving it *thinks of Clarkson's Fiat cop car*

Nice beast, I've never liked Jeeps but you can't hate anything with a 6 litre engine. :D

You really mangled that halfshaft too, but at least you didn't twist the gearbox mainshaft.

if this thing had half shafts I would be replacing them pulling it on to the trailer, its got solid axles. Live axle? I think thats the word else where.

as for the motor its not all that special its the iron block aluminum headed truck version of the LS-series used in Tahoes and Escalades. I happened upon it from a guy who bought it for a camaro but didn't realize how tall it was and didn't want to cut his hood so he went with an LS1. its pretty much stock except for headers and a good flowing muffler

if this thing had half shafts I would be replacing them pulling it on to the trailer, its got solid axles. Live axle? I think thats the word else where.

Ah, I didn't know that, I'll have to go and read up on solid axles. :)