My new 07 Civic FD

And if i went on about how i put a cold air intake and a giant wing and veilside body kit on it, i would look like a jackass. I use my economical japanese car to get me to school and work, and i have my camaro Z28 for looking cool and going fast.

Each car is being used for its intended purpose.

Yes, you would. But Civics aren't only made to be commuter cars, they are raced in Japan as well.

Are you saying, yes or no, that the honda civic as a whole is a sports car?

I don't know, what is the Si all about? Or the Spoon Sports models? Or why does Mugen make performance parts for the Civic? Just because Honda markets the Civic as a commuter car doesn't mean one has to use it that way.

And if i went on about how i put a cold air intake and a giant wing and veilside body kit on it, i would look like a jackass. I use my economical japanese car to get me to school and work, and i have my camaro Z28 for looking cool and going fast.

Each car is being used for its intended purpose.

sorry. don't have a second car. I try to get the best of both with my civic. Can't go fast in it. So i just try and make it look good without going overboard. stop bragging.

I'm not bragging, this isnt about me. All i'm saying is use your excellent car for the purpose it was intended for. Thats all.

Are you saying, yes or no, that the honda civic as a whole is a sports car?

you cant simply draw the line and say this car is purely a sports car, or this car is purely an economical car. Some cars are made with compromise. The Mitsu Lancer for instance. It is an economical car, but its platform, aerodynamics, chassis etc is robust enough to creat a sports version, the Evolution. The same can be said for the Civic and the Civic TypeR.

Just to get ahead of you, no my civic is not sporty. it's an economical car, but can be used as a good base to make it sporty. Just add on a few parts (semi-slick tires, coilovers, sway bars, turbocharge the engine) and you'll have one quick econo car.

Why spend on an econo car rather than getting a really fast sports car you may ask? One word: MONEY. Especially here in the Philippines where the government imposes a 100-200% tax on luxury and sports cars!!! the F430 here costs almost USD$1M! the base 2.5L BMW Z4 would set you back around USD$100,000. so there.

Last edited:
aryt :) peace :D

As far as your Civic goes, it looks good. I'm glad it makes you happy and you enjoy it. Please don't do anything stupid in it.

As for modifying cars, well, none of you guys jumped on me when I got my Subaru and I said I have a lot of modifications planned for it. So what gives? If unbreakable wants to spend his money to make his car more than just a car, leave him be for it. It's a Civic. It's not like he's slapping a Type R badge on a Ferrari.

NEW PICS (includes the new amber park lights and cheek lights)
some night shots :D thanks to pao and jeric :D

DSC_2231.jpg

with lord12pipes(furthermost) and chaks (nearest)
DSC_2239.jpg

DSC_2240.jpg

mini photoshoot after clubZZ/teamFD crossover GT
DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, that first pic looks amazing, nice wheels too

edit - just noticed that your license plate may very well be creating lift lol

Last edited:
Nice pics. Good group of tastefully moded Civics.

That's to redirect air into the grill so the hamsters can breathe. :p

Damn, that first pic looks amazing, nice wheels too

lol! could be. it's just a gimmick actually. :D

Slight Updates since I last posted:

- Megan Racing Springs 1.5" front/rear
- Fremuff Custom chambered exhaust
- new tires = Bridgestone Potenza RE001 Adrenalin 225/40/18
- Beaks rear lower Tie Bar
- Tanabe (reds) brake pads.

Took my car to the track for the first time just for fun :)
DPP-0160.jpg

DPP-0163.jpg

DPP-0217.jpg

DPP-0201.jpg

edited pic:

1-1.jpg

I don't have a pic right now... It's not as low as the EK ones. It's actually very short...

unbreakable i absolutely love your car... props to you man

i cant wait to join the civic partay later this year.... keeping my eye out for a 1.8 i-vtec (or perhaps the 2.2 cdt-i because apparently its an amazing engine) Civic Type S GT (3 door version that looks like the type r but without the insurance premium!)

failing that ill be having to look at 5dr models like the sport or EX (they do seem to be cheaper for some reason which makes no sense as the EX' are loaded with satnax, HID's, leather, pano roof etc)