Someone Else's Problem: My new 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon Limited

Now that's the way to break in a new car! :)

Now that's the way to break in a new car! :)

It has 70k kms (45k miles), I think it's already broken in. :p

It's pretty cool seeing it go around a track. What track is that BTW?

On the beautiful Mont-Tremblant track:

DSC_3407.JPG

Went to the drag strip for my first time ever.

Did 2 runs, the first one a disappointing 15.229s @ 92.84mph, the second one a much better 14.731s @ 94.32mph.

DSC_3464.JPG

DSC_3470.JPG

Did you beat that Civic? :p

Nope, but with a 13.539@102.26 mph, I didn't really have a chance :lol:

I like the look of this wagon, and it's a Subie so that makes it even better! Nice car you've got there.

Subaru AWD systems aren't easy for a good launch in a drag race, nothing dissapointing about your time, esp if you're mostly stock. Straight line drag races are not the place where Subarus shine anyway, challenge the Civic to a road race in the snow, then see who's laughing.

Subaru AWD systems aren't easy for a good launch in a drag race, nothing dissapointing about your time, esp if you're mostly stock. Straight line drag races are not the place where Subarus shine anyway, challenge the Civic to a road race in the snow, then see who's laughing.

Why would the Civic driver even accept that challenge? It would be stupid because that's not real racing (unless the cars are purpose built rally cars). They should have a race on a circuit because the lightness and high-revvyness of the Civic would match up well against the more power, but more weight of the Legacy. The AWD in the Legacy won't make much of a difference on a dry track, so it would be a good race.

Maybe edkwon just wanted to point out, that while Subaru's AWD is a disadvantage on a drag strip, it's a really nice thing to have in a real life? ;)

Received and install my Cobb AccessPort today.

Now flashed Stage 1 :)

Picked up the swaybars and end links I ordered a while ago today, can't wait to install them. Gonna talk with my mechanic friend tonight to see when he is available.

And I finally put these stickers on :D :
1347660182365.jpg

Swaybars installed, thanks to my friend :)

So far, me likey, :)

Rear, before
IMG_0408.JPG

Rear, after:
IMG_0409.JPG

Front, old and new:
IMG_0410.JPG

Front, installed:
IMG_0411.JPG

Better view of the installed front bar:
IMG_0420-1200.JPG

Bonus:

Car I'm driving today: :D

IMG_0424-1200.JPG

Last edited:
And I have now upgraded to stage 2 :dance:

This is now gone:

IMG_0419-1200.JPG

and is now replaced by this:
IMG_0458-1200.JPG

Last edited:
And one more update, finally installed the suspension components I bought 9 months ago.

Ride seems firmer, but not more uncomfortable. The previous shock where not doing their job properly anymore, so it was quite bouncy...

Front old vs new (Koni inserts in stock strut, on Epic springs)
IMG_1069-1280.JPG

Rear old:
IMG_1070-1280.JPG

Rear new (Koni strut, on Epic springs)
IMG_1072-1280.JPG

End result, a very mild drop (on a very dirty car)
IMG_1073-1280.JPG