My New BMW 330xi

Maybe someone can answer my question despite being pretty off-topic.

How come some of the newer E46s have all these black plastic things running down the sides? Izari's has it too... how come some have them and some don't? Makes the car look cheap, no offense. It looks especially bad on white ones.

Maybe someone can answer my question despite being pretty off-topic.

How come some of the newer E46s have all these black plastic things running down the sides? Izari's has it too... how come some have them and some don't? Makes the car look cheap, no offense. It looks especially bad on white ones.

I think the better variants get it body colored painted, the cheaper ones don't

Anyone else agree they make the car look super cheap though? It's something you'd expect of a bottom range Kia.

But Izari's is a 330xi which is one of the more expensive ones, so shouldn't that have painted ones?

Anyone else agree they make the car look super cheap though? It's something you'd expect of a bottom range Kia.

But Izari's is a 330xi which is one of the more expensive ones, so shouldn't that have painted ones?

its not about what engine it has, I think its about the package, like the executive package or something (there will be loads of diference, you get the leather covered gearshift instead of just plastic in the automatics, better rims and loads more, I'm not an E46 fanatic so I'm not too sure, but I'm sure someone else will have the answer)

I think the better variants get it body colored painted, the cheaper ones don't

no...
the sedans do...
coupes dont
this 330xi toppped out like $43000 msrp when new...
i just wonder who the hell would buy a $43000 awd bmw???
What happend to AUDI B5 S4 when the previous guy was shoppping for cars

Last edited:
It must be a post-facelift thing then because a lot of the 4-door 3-Series that I've seen are without those.

It must be a post-facelift thing then because a lot of the 4-door 3-Series that I've seen are without those.

all sedans have it ...
even E90s

I guess all the ones I have noticed were in darker colours.

I still think the coupes look a lot better without them though. It looks super cheap... again, no offense.

Last edited:
all the E46 sedans have that stupid black trim aroudn it....i have it around mine....the coupes dont have it tho...yehh it makes it look gay ahah i watned to paint mine buttttttt im just like w/e -_-.......its to show like...your e46 is a sedan and not a coupe and m3 :]

all the E46 sedans have that stupid black trim aroudn it....i have it around mine....the coupes dont have it tho...yehh it makes it look gay ahah i watned to paint mine buttttttt im just like w/e -_-.......its to show like...your e46 is a sedan and not a coupe and m3 :]

330ii (double i) conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0503_07z+BMW_E46_330i+Front_Side_Driving.jpg

0503_06z+BMW_E46_330i+Rear_Side_Parked.jpg

0503_01z+BMW_E46_330i+Side_Driving.jpg

What magazine was that car in? I remember reading about it...didn't he do a S52 swap or something?

What magazine was that car in? I remember reading about it...didn't he do a S52 swap or something?

European car mag...
its a supercharged intercooled 330i with m3 conversion
sick as hell lol
:mrgreen:

wow... he even has the wide body fenders and all that kid, but I prefer the drooping headlights (ie 98-02) ones instead of the newer ones though.

wow... he even has the wide body fenders and all that kid, but I prefer the drooping headlights (ie 98-02) ones instead of the newer ones though.

m3 is wider body than regular 3er
that car is m3 spec

^I think he custom built the fenders to make it wider though, the fenders seem just as wide as the regular M3.

^I think he custom built the fenders to make it wider though, the fenders seem just as wide as the regular M3.

thats what im saying...
that car is m3 spec

I remember now...he went through some pretty painful processes to get a 4 door 3er to M3 specifications. Pretty amazing, but I would've just gone with an M5...

I remember now...he went through some pretty painful processes to get a 4 door 3er to M3 specifications. Pretty amazing, but I would've just gone with an M5...

i like how it looks... not necessarily a track car like the m3 but on the street it has the presence...
wouldnt mind doing a conversion like that when i got money... or time... or NOT...
;)
i definately want to get me some bikes!
:mrgreen:

ahh... okay, reading back at my post, I forgot to mention that I was talking about the M3 kit which is a widebody 3-series

is it surprising they didnt make a 4door m3 e46?
:rolleyes: