Ownership Verified: My new car experience, take two (with a hint of nostalgia added)

Awesome-looking little car! :thumbsup: It looks great in white, it has nice alloys, and it has dual exhausts (pretty rare on such a small car, no?). Plus, I think the 4-door looks better than the 2-door.

Very nice choice and I hope it serves you well. :)

and it has dual exhausts (pretty rare on such a small car, no?). )
renault_clio_renaultsport_200_2009_001.jpg

VW-Polo-GTI-preview-02.jpg

tc-gti-2.jpg

Not really :p although the Swift Sport is cheaper than all those which is a win! Dual exhausts are awesome.

Okay admittedly some are probably just twin tips but still!

Oy! Stop spamming my thread!!! :shakefist: :p

I kid, I kid. The twin exhausts are pretty damn awesome, and something that I wanted on the Fiesta and think given I hard the (at the time) "sporty" version, it should have had (it did have a twin exhaust, but it was hidden under the rear bumper). Only thing about the Swift, saw another car the other day that the rear tein exhausts looked very similar to- a Holden Captiva.

NUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

(mine looks a ton better overall obviously though :p)

That seriously looks like it will be a lot of fun. :)
This light, with this kind of power is really a very good recipe. And it's good to see they threw in a sixth gear, lot of small-car manufacturers stop counting at five.
Also, quite well equipped for such a car, sounds like a good deal.

Thanks for sharing, enjoy!

Regards,

Robert

Not really :p although the Swift Sport is cheaper than all those which is a win! Dual exhausts are awesome.

Okay admittedly some are probably just twin tips but still!

Only the Renault counts because there has to be exhausts on both sides of the car. IMO twin tips on the same side of the car is uglier than just a single one. So are the Clio and Swift really the only small cars that have dual exhausts?

Only the Renault counts because there has to be exhausts on both sides of the car. IMO twin tips on the same side of the car is uglier than just a single one. So are the Clio and Swift really the only small cars that have dual exhausts?

fusca-1600-adaptado_MLB-F-3016549957_082012.jpg

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Really REALLY great Suzuki! I've heard people saying its handling resembles the old Mini, which is always a good thing. And it's just as reliable as the old one, like an angry, crazy little tank. RallyCross drivers love it :D

Awesome car, and I hope you have lots of fun with it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jason and Tiff did a shoot out - Twingo vs Swift, they loved both cars I think the Swift just won- on Fifth Gear this week.

Why, oh why, doesn't Suzuki sell this little gem in the US?! Maybe they wouldn't have folded in this market if they would have...

Next year they're getting out of the Canadian market as well.

After exactly 2 months of ownership, thought I would post some observations on the car-

Good-
- it's fast, fun and still giving me a lot of fun. Probably will for a time to come.
- lot more economical than I was expecting from a fast car and given I do enjoy revving it
- the car still looks awesome, especially the pearl paint
- can have 5 people in it for short trips with minimal worries
- the lumpy idle has all but disappeared, so I definitely think it had low grade fuel in it when I bought it
- it's a conversation piece- people who know me like talking about it (as do I!) and people who see it stop and ask me about it. Gets a lot of respect for a small car!

Bad-
- the trip computer is a bti optimistic with its consumption, currently showing 6.2L/100kms- know it is more than that!!!
- got a screw in one of the tyres awhile ago, hadn't noticed until today. Easy fix, but still annoying (and I let the pressure get to about 50% of what it should be- oops)
- somebody (know who it is, but not posting here coz they feel really bad) scraped a bit of the front, painted grey bumper bit today. Pretty upset as I hadn't got any scratches/dings on it before this and the way it happened was pretty unnecessary. It's going to be repaired though, not sure if I will take the person up on their offer to pay for it or just pay myself (as I will feel bad asking them to pay)

Overall, except for events of today, this has been awesome! The car is so far making me very happy, so hope it stays that way!

Give us interior pics, dammit! We want more of the Sport. :cool:

Will do soon- might take a bit though as I work full time and its dark when I get home so I will have to do so on the weekend.

An option has come up for the scratched bumper bit though instead of repair- replacement of the section with this- http://www.suzuki-shop.co.uk/index.cfm/fa/shopdetails/Product_ID/1668/Category_ID/166

Will depend on prices over here to get it fitted vs a repair, but given the really metallic/reflective nature of the section I'm not too sure a satisfactory repair can be done. Would rather put a bit more money towards something cool like this if it is affordable. Only problem is I will probably have to get the silver foglight fins to match too! :lol:

Fake Chrome will always look fake or Chav with 20 inch chromies, rather get an factory grill part and paint or foil to give an interesting texture (mangabomb ?) and making it an real eyecatcher. Of course only when the OEM part can't be repaired/to costly to fix.

Fake Chrome will always look fake or Chav with 20 inch chromies, rather get an factory grill part and paint or foil to give an interesting texture (mangabomb ?) and making it an real eyecatcher. Of course only when the OEM part can't be repaired/to costly to fix.

I don't believe the grille part above is chrome (listed as 'metallic silver'h, and is an official factory accessory too (hence my worry about price as I would get it from the dealer fitted). The effect on a white car can be seen here- http://www.caraccessoriesplus.co.uk/product/suzuki-swift-sport-front-grille-assembly.html
And with the fog bezels- http://www.caraccessoriesplus.co.uk/product/suzuki-swift-sport-fog-lamps-bezel-set.html

The wheels are also only 17" and flow formed painted alloys, so I think they will match that well. My only worry is the back diffuser section (as that is the similar dark grey metallic as the original grille insert), but I think it may be a good contrast possibly.

still too much bling bling imo.
I would rather paint it silk black (not matte) to make it look like an single frame grill or in car coordinated white and a red stripe around the black grills (prolly a vinyl). But that's just my opinion, in the end you have to live with it :p

Well, the metallic silver one was going to cost nearly $500 to get fitted, so I'm just getting a replacement one in the same spec/colour as the one I have on there now (hopefully- had to order over the phone and they had no idea, hopefully the right one turns up!). Lot cheaper (about $280 fitted) and I like the factory look too, so happy with that. Better than a repair too, that probably would have been a similar cost anyway (would have verified that if I could have gotten in contact with a good repairer- all the ones I have used in the past have either disconnected their number or buggered off somewhere!)

9533889753_b1a629a19b.jpg

9536680814_a3a0e04c0e.jpg

Fun fact, people still try and siphon fuel! :(

Not much damage fortunately, but still annoying. Need to get touch up paint now as there are about 6 screwdriver gouges around the filler cap/on it. Apart from that so far its just $20 lost fuel and some superglue to (hopefully) fix the broken fuel latch (black bit) as the damage bill, but if the superglue doesn't work I'm up for a bit more annoyingly. Seriously though, haven't heard of this happening for years so very confused and annoyed!!!

That sucks. :(

Could be worse though, there was a streak of fuel theft here a few years back where someone was crawling under cars and drilling a hole directly into the fuel tank to drain the fuel into a container.