My new car - yeah its korean, don't laugh.

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
So out w the old: 2007 Legacy GT

2992408995_5273341f17_b.jpg

and in with the new 2009 Hyundai Genesis sedan

3792422087_b031a71c58_b.jpg

3792418835_2b60266785_b.jpg

3793233248_c735218560_b.jpg

3792414031_83f2dc7392_b.jpg

Seems like it belongs in Miami.

a bit of an odd switch, if you ask me

not really, more room, comfortable, more powerful and despite the greater weight, actually a better handling car in the mountain bends esp since the subarus are nose heavy and the AWD is constantly fighting understeer, the Genesis RWD platform is much easier to point and steer. Plus fully loaded this car is only a few $$ more than the legacy when purchased new and much better equipped. Plus hyundai has the 100K mile 10 year powertrain warranty.

Plus it has the same 6 spd ZF AT that's found in the Quattroporte and is perfect for the urban gridlock traffic.

I understand everything else..but one thing I just can't wrap my head around:

White....with gold wheels.....gold wheels, on a white car...?

Dude....seriously ?

I think I'm the only one here that really digs the gold wheels. Looks nice and clean - in fact, I'd even dare say to add a small lip spoiler on the back to break it up a bit.

Do they have mesh grilles for the Genesis yet? Something from your old Legacy on your new car would look pretty good too.

(MAD KDM, YO! ;))

I am a bit baffled ... gold wheels? :blink:

Dude....seriously ?

Understood, they are probably not common styles used in your countries, but here quite common, and done in the right pairing looks pretty good.

Dude....seriously ?

Gold wheels on a white car is a good combo in many cases, though IMO not in this case. Otherwise it's good purchase. Also is that emblem on back standard on all Genesis's, or did you add that yourself? (MAD KDM, YO!)

paint those wheels white and we have a serious winner!

I like it.

Congrats!

Gold wheels on a white car is a good combo in many cases, though IMO not in this case. Otherwise it's good purchase. Also is that emblem on back standard on all Genesis's, or did you add that yourself? (MAD KDM, YO!)

Thats a dealer option badge, many cars are sold with that badge instead of the H badge.

With tinted windows it will look like a true pimpmobile!

Looks very nice, though I preferred the looks of your Legacy :)

I wasn't a fan when i first saw the genesis but after driving it I though dollar for dollar its better than the Lexus ES and i feel better looking that the Infiniti. But man I'm not with you on the wheels; I just couldn't pull them off, maybe its a white thing.

Dude....seriously ?

If I got myself a white E30 M-Tech, I would definitely get some deep, gold BBS:s for it with stretched tires. :cool:

And the Genesis; well, it's a nice cut-price E60 5-series if you squint. :mrgreen: Looks less wacky than the coup? version, too.

Odd, I never have problem with understeer...oh! I know why! I actually learned how drive an AWD car. Throttle control. Left foot braking. From March 2007 to March 2008 I practiced throttle control, and From April 2008 to April 2009 I practiced left foot braking. Unlike a EVO, you actually have to, you know, learn how to drive an automobile.
Yeah. You deserve a glammed up Hyundai. Fits you and the superficial world of Los Angeles to a tee.

Odd, I never have problem with understeer...oh! I know why! I actually learned how drive an AWD car. Throttle control. Left foot braking. From March 2007 to March 2008 I practiced throttle control, and From April 2008 to April 2009 I practiced left foot braking. Unlike a EVO, you actually have to, you know, learn how to drive an automobile.
Yeah. You deserve a glammed up Hyundai. Fits you and the superficial world of Los Angeles to a tee.

Funny, i've always complimented and respected your car. Nice to know you can reciprocate.

Gold wheels kinda make me think you might have some cocaine to sell.

Otherwise I do like the car.

I understand left foot braking and throttle control in a sportscar like your Impreza, but a Legacy is more supposed to be a GT car no? Thus you shouldn't need such techniques to be able to drive it.