my new car

MadCow809

Forum Addict
after a few month of shopping around (new civic hatch, lexus 250SE, Audi A4 2.0T DSG), i finally bought the BMW 130i, drove it yesterday afternoon and i fell in love with it. Handling is alot sharper than my subaru and the power is relentless, the accceleration is not as aggressive as the subaru, but its very potent... i am glad that im trading the subaru in for the 130i. The car is gonna arrive sometime next weekend, or i was told so... which means that i got till next week friday to drive the scobby for the last time... :(

im already thinking of burning out my scooby tonite : )

- pics to come at a later stage

This is a car forum, GIVE US THE SPECS MAN :lol:

Congrats btw :thumbsup: Don't like the look of the car if I'm honest but I know they're technically brilliant things with a nice clean interior layout.

the 130i is a wonderful little car...well done choosing the right engine. :)

Fahrzeugschein
Hersteller:
BMW
Typ:
130i
Karosserie:
Kompaktwagen, f?nft?rig
Motor:
Reihensechszylinder
Hubraum:
2.996 ccm
Leistung:
195 kW

265 PS
Drehmoment:
315 Nm
Von 0 auf 100:
6,1 s
H?chstgeschw.:
250 km/h
Verbrauch (ECE):
9,2 Liter
Kraftstoff:
Superbenzin
Kofferraum:
330 Liter
umgebaut:
1.150 Liter
Preis:
32.500 EUR

I think you can translate the specs ;)

i know a lot of people hate it, but i love the BMW 1 series!!
the looks grew on me and now i think it looks rather nice
and rwd in that package can't be bad eiter
and then that engine....

man, i want a beemer :( (a 3 though)

great choice, CONGRATS :thumbsup:

congrats, wots the specs, is it the M version?

thanks guys..

yeah it has the M package with sports leather interior (black) sun roof, PDC (for my mom) and aluminium matt interior finish. oh btw the colour is white : )

here are some general spec :

3.0l Straight 6

261bhp or 195Kw

315Nm of torque

0-64mph or 0-100kph in about 6.1sec with a top speed of 250kph (limited)

ill take some pictures of the 130i once i get my hands on it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I envy you soooo much right know...
A local BMW dealer has one in white....just gorgeous....

me too.. I've actually grown to love the 130i... I've seen a couple around here and I'm loving it more by the day :D

^Nup not that I know of unfortunately...

MadCow809 - the black sports leather trim sounds nice :mrgreen:

I'm still waiting for a 1-series coupe but good choice of engine there, especially considering that all the other engines for the 1-series suck.

un-dee said:
I'm still waiting for a 1-series coupe but good choice of engine there, especially considering that all the other engines for the 1-series suck.

yep... tried the 120i first... very disappointed with the performance. the 130i is just so awesome :D

Take it easy when you do recieve the car, especially if you plan on keeping it for sometime, these cars require a relatively gentle break in. If you disregard the break in period everything will be fine in the beginning, but in the long run the car is going to suffer from various leaks and internal problems.... Enjoy, just after 800 or 1000 miles or so.

updated -

pics of my old subaru before it gets sold :
s_subaru.jpg
s_subaru2.jpg

130i pic to come tomorrow : )

grats, it's an excellent irrational choice that makes you human :D