my new car

MadCow809 said:
bone said:
why do you actually sell the subaru?

because ive always wanted a beemer. but more importantly is that im tired of the bland interior and the comfort feature, sure it puts a smile on my face whenever i drive the car, but... im sick and tired of driving around like a lunatic.. and the problem with subaru is that u HAVE to drive around like you just stole the car, otherwise it defeats the purpose of owning a subaru in the first place. With the beemer, i can cruise around in comfort and not worry about the traffic.. i cant do that in the scooby.. the sheer adrenaline rush from the scooby makes u wanna floor the throttle and race just about everyone in front of you. Ive had my fun in the scooby, now its time to say goodbye to this awesome car. :(
I know exactly what you're talking about, my car's the same way. Awesome when I want to cane it, but calm and quiet when I just wanna cruise. I like the 130i, my only problem with it is the price. Though I'm a big believer of getting what you want regardless of price and if you love it more power to ya. ;)

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Anyway you said you'd post pics "tomorrow" and that was a few days ago. I really want to see the new car man!

im almost kind of reluctant to post the picture up, reason being that the image quality is shocking "nokia 6111, 1mega pixel camera : ( "

MadCow809 said:
Anyway you said you'd post pics "tomorrow" and that was a few days ago. I really want to see the new car man!

im almost kind of reluctant to post the picture up, reason being that the image quality is shocking "nokia 6111, 1mega pixel camera : ( "
Who cares, post it up anyway. Don't want us to start thinking you don't have one do ya :p

: p

allrighty...

Image011.jpg

Image014.jpg

edit - you prob guessed it : p i told the BMW sales rep to keep my old number plate from the subaru.

- more

Image015.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

I like the paddles and keyless go button :thumbsup:

I'm not over the moon with the white on this car if I'm honest. The 1-Series has a featureless design and the white doesn't really help it. But the wheels make a big difference from the regular wheels you see on the 1'er.

paddle shift is quite confusing... it takes a while to get used to.. but its amazing :D

unlike most paddle shift (lexus, Audi/VW DSG, mercedes), where u pull the left lever to downshift and right to upshift.. on the BMW 130i, you press either the left or right button to downshift (see above picture), and you pull the left/right lever to upshift (you cant see in the picture, its behind the steering wheel). this paddle shift system is designed so that you can downshift/upshift with one hand only.

I absolutely have always believed BMW was the most over rated manufacturer on the planet and never enjoyed looking at or driving their cars, but, I have to say that looks like a fantastic car and I'm going to test drive one when I find one. I'll never replace the WRX but may supplement it with something like that one series if it drives well. Thanks for turning my attention to it and changing my opinion!

A fine choice you've made there Mad Cow! This is the only 1 series I'd consider buying... Enjoy it once the break in period is over!

thanks guys..

Nice, but no manual...

yeah, i struggled for a while when choosing the gearbox.. but with durban's rush-hour traffic.. id rather lift off my right foot effortlessly in a automatic car and cruise than driving around in a manual car, clutch in and clutch out in 1st gear for 20min. but mind you, when i want to have some fun around the bend, the automatic box is amazingly fast at down shift.

Once im done with the wear-in period of the engine, ill try and record a video of the 130i going around bends and twisties at full pace, then u can see how smooth and fast the gearbox is at down shifting. :)

Dark_Templer_102 said:
andyhui01 said:
MadCow809 said:
bone said:

because ive always wanted a beemer. but more importantly is that im tired of the bland interior and the comfort feature, sure it puts a smile on my face whenever i drive the car, but... im sick and tired of driving around like a lunatic.. and the problem with subaru is that u HAVE to drive around like you just stole the car, otherwise it defeats the purpose of owning a subaru in the first place. With the beemer, i can cruise around in comfort and not worry about the traffic.. i cant do that in the scooby.. the sheer adrenaline rush from the scooby makes u wanna floor the throttle and race just about everyone in front of you. Ive had my fun in the scooby, now its time to say goodbye to this awesome car. :(

isn't yours a non-turbo subaru? I don't know about you but I've always found it underpowered and such... don't you think? and you could have upgraded to a legacy if you wanted a nice interior and comfort :D... but 1 series is still an awesome car

I have the Legacy Turbo, but obviously BMW's quality is a lot higher then the Legacy. Mines like a slight mix of both sport and luxery. And ya, its boring driving a subbie just "normally". Drive it like you stole it! Till a police car comes...then you drive it normally.
What year is your Legacy or Liberty as we call it here?

Sorry for the delay...ya its what you guys call the Liberty. Its an 05.

Dark_Templer_102 said:
Dark_Templer_102 said:
andyhui01 said:
MadCow809 said:
bone said:

isn't yours a non-turbo subaru? I don't know about you but I've always found it underpowered and such... don't you think? and you could have upgraded to a legacy if you wanted a nice interior and comfort :D... but 1 series is still an awesome car

I have the Legacy Turbo, but obviously BMW's quality is a lot higher then the Legacy. Mines like a slight mix of both sport and luxery. And ya, its boring driving a subbie just "normally". Drive it like you stole it! Till a police car comes...then you drive it normally.
What year is your Legacy or Liberty as we call it here?

Sorry for the delay...ya its what you guys call the Liberty. Its an 05.
Nice, I love them! Looking for a 1997-99 Liberty (BA) as a first car :D