My new car

JCE

Car(s)
2016 Dodge Charger RT / 2015 Jeep Renegade
My Camaro finally hit 240,000 miles so its time for me to set him aside so I can start the restoration/modification. So, I bought a 1997 Honda Prelude for a daily driver. So far so good, only the brakes and tuneup are needed. Teh pics. Oh, and that's my Camaro in the first pic.

DSCF2234.jpg

DSCF2233.jpg

DSCF2237.jpg

DSCF2238.jpg

Last edited:
Very slick. It wouldn't happen to be one of those 4 wheel steer models, would it?

Nah, every Prelude owner I've talked to say to stay away from the SH models with the ATTS if you ever plan to start seriously giving it some power increases. That, and I just stumbled upon it really. My boss was thinking about buying a new car and I asked him if he'd take payments on his old one and he said yes. I WAS in the market for a retired P71 Crown Vic Police Interceptor, Lincoln LS V8, or a Lexus SC400.

This Prelude handles like its on rails as it is. Not even my Focus' (Foci?) handled this good.

Well, that's cool. You got the manual, that's the biggest thing. Every automatic Honda I've driven sucked, but every manual Honda felt solid and powerful.

Whats great is the engine thats in the 5th gen Prelude has some torque--which is unlike Honda 4cyl engines. 195bhp and 156lb.ft. isn't too shabby for a 2.2L engine.

Absolutely not. 195hp naturally aspirated out of a 2.2L I4 that is 10 years old? That is very good.

The prelude should be good!
p.s.
Nice Camaro, I always liked that body style.

Very slick. It wouldn't happen to be one of those 4 wheel steer models, would it?
According to Wikipedia, the fifth gen Prelude didn't have that option.

So, according to clarkson, you must be some kind of Asian Murderer.......

The prelude should be good!
p.s.
Nice Camaro, I always liked that body style.

Thanks. Oh, and the Camaro is stripped and spray painted (better than surface rust) so it isn't so "nice" in terms of cosmetics. There hasn't been factory paint or an interior in that car since 2001. ;) But, I love my Camaro more than most people and their children. :D

Looks great, but I want to see more pictures of the camaro!

Here he is in all his glory. I was preparing to get the inside sand-blasted and then painted but I don't have the funds for that yet. The drivetrain comes first. :mrgreen:

DSCF2177.jpg

DSCF2172.jpg

DSCF2175.jpg

u got a very smex car...congrats

Thanks. :D

So, according to clarkson, you must be some kind of Asian Murderer.......

So, I murder Asians? :lol: Just kidding. Jeremy Clarkson finally understood the point of an older American car. I honestly think he was geniune when he commented about how he loved his Camaro--as well as the other two about their American beaters. I actually jumped up from my couch and yelled with enthusiasm when I saw Clarkson drive up in that Camaro. :mrgreen: Too bad they couldn't bring those cars back to the UK and stick them on the TG set--that would of owned. I would of paid money to fly overthere just to see my generation Camaro sitting on TG's set. :)