Someone Else's Problem: My new econobox!

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Remember the old, crappy, italian, white econobox I had before? No?
Well, now I have a brand new crappy cheap white italian econobox!
Ah, the new car smell...

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redliner/2010/09/30/IMG_0521.JPG
Woohoo! 75bhp (77 if you're using ethanol!):mrgreen:

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redliner/2010/09/30/IMG_0518.JPG
Talk about an optimistic speedometer...

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redliner/2010/09/30/IMG_0510.JPG
Lots of black plastic!

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redliner/2010/09/30/IMG_0508.JPG
Narrow tires and plastic hubcaps!

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redliner/2010/09/30/IMG_0506.JPG

This is a very serious vehicle. I hope you have the skill to handle such immense performance :p
For realz though, congrats dude, I wish many happy miles :) (or kilometers if you prefer)

Bill, I want to win the Lottery so badly, just so I can send you an MX5! But enjoy that in the meantime! ;)

No Radio? OMG! I?d go MAD in two or three days without at least a Radio ...

But he has the sound of a roaring Italian engine!

Lack of radio aside it looks good. Any particular reason you went the Italian route again?

That's exactly what I thought, I'd go insane w/out a radio. :p

It does look good in white though, I'm beginning to warm up to white cars, whodathunk? :p

Looks like an 80's car, modified by someone in their shed with 2010 parts.

220 km/h? That's nothing. My 2.0 Sebring's speedo went up to 160 mph!

Let's ignore the fact that it had twice the power.

If it gets you where you're going, it's done its job. And brand new is always nice.

It's a snowball! :D

You should add bunny ears and a puffy tail to it and make a snowbunny!

That's exactly what I thought, I'd go insane w/out a radio. :p

It does look good in white though, I'm beginning to warm up to white cars, whodathunk? :p

White cars are awesome. I'm not just saying that because mine's white.

This is a very serious vehicle. I hope you have the skill to handle such immense performance :p
For realz though, congrats dude, I wish many happy miles :) (or kilometers if you prefer)

Oh yeah, performance driving school awaits! :lol:
Seriously: thank you. It's slow but at least gives me good mileage.
Don't tell anyone, but I am considering giving it a bit of a workout in a trackday at the end of November. :ph34r:
Bill, I want to win the Lottery so badly, just so I can send you an MX5! But enjoy that in the meantime! ;)

I would like that a lot, but I would keep the Palio because the MX-5 has no room for a child seat. :p

But he has the sound of a roaring Italian engine!

Lack of radio aside it looks good. Any particular reason you went the Italian route again?

First things first:
It had a radio. For 4 days before someone picked the lock in the passenger door and stole it, along with the spare tire and associated tools. It cost me 600 bucks to replace the spare tire and tools. No new radio yet. *sigh* Thank God Rebeca likes to talk a lot.:mrgreen:

As for why I bought yet another FIAT:
I test-drove and got quotes on ALL cars in that price range, and in the end the FIAT dealership gave me more for my car and gave me the better discount, so it was mostly an economical reason. Of course the fact I had 2 of those before helped.;)

220 km/h? That's nothing. My 2.0 Sebring's speedo went up to 160 mph!

Let's ignore the fact that it had twice the power.

If it gets you where you're going, it's done its job. And brand new is always nice.

Exactly!
Of course I wish I had the money to buy something better, but I can't really complaint. It's dull and slow but it IS a good car and gets the job done.

It's a snowball! :D

You should add bunny ears and a puffy tail to it and make a snowbunny!

:lmao:
Blayde? Where are you?

White cars are awesome. I'm not just saying that because mine's white.

I was going for red or black, but the white was the one already in stock and therefore the one with a good discount.
Paying 8% more and waiting 40 days just to get it in another color would be a bit to much, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Interesting that Fiat chose a digital fuel gauge and an analog temp gauge. Cool ride though. I always think little Fiat city cars look simple but fun to drive around in an urban environment.

Interesting that Fiat chose a digital fuel gauge and an analog temp gauge. Cool ride though. I always think little Fiat city cars look simple but fun to drive around in an urban environment.

It's also interesting just how massive the temp gauge is. Looks almost as big as the tach!

Congrats!

Thanks! Add one to the "white car owners" list. :lol:

To be honest, I would prefer both to be analog, but a digital thermometer I would HATE to live with.
And you're spot-on: as a city car, it is pretty good.

Strip it out and add racing seats... and a baby racing seat! :p

Fiat- just the right amount of funk :D

If I get a decent job that allows it to be my second car, why not? :p

Nice looker for an econobox, esp in white.

Thanks. :)

It's also interesting just how massive the temp gauge is. Looks almost as big as the tach!

The top of the range has a much better looking dash, with the tachometer and speedometer with the same size and smaller (and analog) gauges for fuel and water temperature:
Novo%20revestimento%20e%20nova%20cor%20do%20painel_NOVOPALIO.jpg

Talking about gauges, no fuel gauge? Must be exciting to drive :lol:

Look again. It's the digital scale on the right. Also, it has 2 warning lights for low fuel: one for the main fuel tank and one for the cold-start gasoline tank (when using ethanol). How weird is that? :D

It is a FIAT. :p

:mrgreen: