My new Golf

jimmymac

No full details yet but reckon we could have a fun guessing game with this one, the winner will receive a prize of a PM from me saying congratulations...wooooooooo

Basically the deal is I have a company car coming soon to replace my Audi A3. Details I have so far are that it has a CD player and Air con in it. The car itself was previously a senior reps car so above my normal allowance. Pretty sure the new price allowance for me is around the ?18,000 mark so its intial value can be above that.

So until I am emailed the details it could be a 1.6 or it could be an R32..I just don't know. Should find out soon though, anyone want to hazard a guess?

Pics will follow once it arrives :)

2.0 tdi

The 2.0l TDi is a very nice engine.. ;)

Even in the Passat, the 140hp version pulls nicely, don't you get it with 170hp? That would be very nice in a Golf. And ecc-onomical (thanks, James). Drove a very bendy road, lots of breaking and accelerating, as I am not a very economical driver, still, the Passat got 0.5 litres per 10km. Which is quite nice.

Get a V10 Diesel and make the Golf Mid Engined.

:tease:

well the news I have had since was a very brief phonecall from the fleet manager, just to say its a 2.0 5 door

nothing about what version of the 2.0 it is though, could be petrol or diesel.

However I did meet up with another rep yesterday who has a golf ( a bit older though) and its lovely specced out inside and out, all leather, climate control, cd changer etc, nice alloys. So hopefully something along those lines.

I take delivery mid January but may hear more by email soon :)

Let's hope it's the diesel, it SUCH a good engine! :)

ok its near arrival, have a few more glints of info from people.

Its the 140bhp version...guessing thats the 2.0 TDI

Apparantly the lad who had it before me spent at least ?750 of his own money on extra's, manager reckons its properly kitted out but don't know how much he knows about cars. Although the lad its coming from was apparantly a bit of a car buff.

Only downside is that its had a prang on the rear, caught in a car park or something but its already through insurance and going to be repaired in couple of weeks.

Being delivered either saturday or monday :)

I WIN!!!

More likely the diesel, company rebates and tax incentives push them towards diesels. It's a company lease right? It'll be a proper oilburner then.

Ok its about time i got mine posted up here, especially as its currently clean and spangly :)

66y176h.jpg

53ieutv.jpg

6c2qdg0.jpg

645mxs4.jpg

4xos2he.jpg

4uavcdf.jpg

cheers, tis nearly a year old now, another year and its time to choose a new one :)