my new headlamps are go!

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
next will be HID's but i couldnt wait to put these ST headlamps on

yeah my cars only the bottom of the rung Focus CL but i think the headlamps of the ST are just the best.

check it

Picture%200077.jpg

Picture%20005.jpg

I wouldn't alter anything else cosmetically with the car - the headlights are a nice subtle touch though. I see so many base model cars modified with expensive things, usually badly modded at that and I often wonder - why didnt they just buy a car with all the extras on it to start with?

I would paint the black plastic stuff, get some foglights and nice decent rims (16"-17"), perhaps lower it a LITTLE bit (30-40mm max) and that?s it. Nice, clean, decent.

Looking good but I'd invest in some wheels pronto... makes a world of difference obviously.

It doesn't snow that much in England, does it?

Looking good but I'd invest in some wheels pronto... makes a world of difference obviously.

nah this is all im doing. i cant afford the extra insurance and tyres for alloys so steely's + wheel trims it is. unless i come across a pair of ford factory alloys for cheap. yeah the wheels look abit lost in the arches but it doesnt bother me too much.

i bought the ST headlamps because 1) i needed to replace the current ones because they seemed wobbly as hell inside 2) if new headlamps happened to not fix the problem....at least i got something out of it i.e. a nice look.

im thinking about fog lamps, im just scouring ebay and my local scrappy to see if any of the ST or MP3 style fogs turn up. (they are small projector fog lamps)

i dont know if i can be bothered to paint/replace the black plaggy trim, it looks alright imo, little bit of contrast.

theyre not winter tyres, they're just new. they're just middle of the road all weather goodyears.

I wouldn't alter anything else cosmetically with the car - the headlights are a nice subtle touch though. I see so many base model cars modified with expensive things, usually badly modded at that and I often wonder - why didnt they just buy a car with all the extras on it to start with?

yeah you do see alot of it, but i can see why sometimes. base models are like a blank canvas of sorts, so you can get your imagination going and you dont have to throw away or try selling expensive additions that you no longer need. when i bought it the owner did take what he'd done to it off ( i asked him too)

these included....rubbish alloys that spoilt the handling, a shitty bio-hazard sticker inthe back window, lexus style rear lamps, and cheesy stick on race-style fuel filler cap - it was just ghastly.

i havent done much to my car, i dont plan too either, most of what i have done i have aimed to keep the OEM look. rear lights are all replaced with LED's but its still got the OEM lenses so it looks completely stock. i bought a decent stereo and i think at some point i'll get some decent speakers (in the original positions with stock grills) because i like my music.

i had planned to buy a HID conversion kit from HIDs4U.co.uk, they look top notch and were about ?190 after i found some vouchers....but im holding off for now.

oh btw you can totally see the bumper is wonky lol, the gap under the passenger side headlamp is bigger than on the drivers side. i can get my fingers right under it!

Last edited:
Your insurance goes up if you get alloys?

Yep in the UK you gotta watch what you mod and you gotta tell in insurance company - they always re-rate you and that means more spondies I'm afraid. If you do not tell them about the alloys they can and sometimes do deny your claim if you have to make one.

Yep in the UK you gotta watch what you mod and you gotta tell in insurance company - they always re-rate you and that means more spondies I'm afraid. If you do not tell them about the alloys they can and sometimes do deny your claim if you have to make one.

That sucks big sweaty donkey balls. Hairy ones. :lol:

Your insurance goes up if you get alloys?

Regular wheels are quite a few are times cheaper to buy, they're actually repairable unlike alloys, and they're harder to break. It's only natural that alloys up your insurance.

Alloys can be fixed for a high price but I guess it makes sense that your insurance would go up. I just never thought about it... I guess any addition will up your rates?

Fuck insurance companies... them and the stupid pharmaceuticals are the most evil type of businesses out there.

Alloys can be fixed for a high price but I guess it makes sense that your insurance would go up. I just never thought about it... I guess any addition will up your rates?

Yes, so long as you want that covered by your insurance. I don't understand why you're frustrated with them for that.

If you REALLY want to get pissed at insurance companies, though, you might like to know equipment isn't insured like the integral components of the car. I'm not sure about the specifics, but if somebody nicks your stereo or you hit the front of the car and the air conditioner gets totalled, they're most likely not to pay you the full cost of the new equipment and the older your car is, the worse it gets.

I don't hate them because of that. I hate them because they're money hungry bastards. Insane rates and even worse premiums... what's the deal with premiums and the deductible? Isn't the point of insurance to cover your ass? Nowadays, at least where I live, you'd have to have had a huge accident for it to be worth going through insurance. And our insurance here is owned by the government so they technically shouldn't be in it for profits.

Fuck insurance companies... them and the stupid pharmaceuticals are the most evil type of businesses out there.

pretty much, i think baring new light/upgraded light bulbs, and small cosmetic changes like my headlamps, painted trim, tinted windows, everything else can increase your insurance

air filters, performance exhausts, alloys, even car stereos

i was asked during my quote on the phone if i was planning to do stuff like put in big subs and amps. they said as long as its kept to a simple after market head unit then they would cover it for no extra charge.

one mod which should help you abit, is a decent car alarm, but it doesnt go down nearly as much as it costs to buy the alarm.

the best laugh is taking your car to different places

i took mine down to loughborough for 6 months (its pretty much in the midlands, its a hole, a bit rougher than my home town, but its mostly full of students who dont go round stealing and breaking into others cars) and we rang up to see about the insurance and tell them i was keeping the car else where.

they hiked it up ?400, just for having it in loughborough

when i came back did it go down by ?400?...... did it fuck

it went down ?192. so i came back to still spending over ?200 more than i had 6 months previously just for moving my car 150 miles.

Last edited:
I don't hate them because of that. I hate them because they're money hungry bastards. Insane rates and even worse premiums... what's the deal with premiums and the deductible? Isn't the point of insurance to cover your ass? Nowadays, at least where I live, you'd have to have had a huge accident for it to be worth going through insurance. And our insurance here is owned by the government so they technically shouldn't be in it for profits.

my dad had to make a claim a bout 2months ago for what was a very very small fender bender, which the other driver decided to deny fault after claiming responsibility at the scene of the bump

(it was his fault, he decided to exit a roundabout from the inside lane when it was too late...i.e he was in the lane for going right around then at the last minute decided he want to exit straight ahead....and he was in the very inside lane on a 3 lane roundabout, he basically cut up my dad, and knocked the front bumper in the process)

the amount of hassel he had to go through with the insurance company was just assnine, the tight bastards. in the end it would of increased his premium (because the other guy and his insurance would not accept fault) more than it cost to fix the damage. so my dad told the woman on the phone to "piss off" and he went to a body shop to get it done.

That's pretty lame. When I totaled my parents' car (about 7 years ago), the insurance company paid for the brand-new audio system I had installed about two months prior to the accident. All they needed were the receipts.

Lol
The insurance companies in the countries represented above seams corrupt and just plane stupid..

When i got my insurance, it went like this:
How old are you?
Does your car have a big engine?
How far do you drive each year?

Then i was done, and got my quote.
Does not matter what i do to the car visually and/or where in the country i have it :p

my dad had to make a claim a bout 2months ago for what was a very very small fender bender, which the other driver decided to deny fault after claiming responsibility at the scene of the bump

(it was his fault, he decided to exit a roundabout from the inside lane when it was too late...i.e he was in the lane for going right around then at the last minute decided he want to exit straight ahead....and he was in the very inside lane on a 3 lane roundabout, he basically cut up my dad, and knocked the front bumper in the process)

the amount of hassel he had to go through with the insurance company was just assnine, the tight bastards. in the end it would of increased his premium (because the other guy and his insurance would not accept fault) more than it cost to fix the damage. so my dad told the woman on the phone to "piss off" and he went to a body shop to get it done.
Never ever admit liability or apologise to anyone if you are in a crash - not our way of doing things I know, if it was your fault, but do not. Always get a witness if you can to the crash and inform your insurance company immediately. The other party is legally obliged to give you his details - always write down the Registration Number any way in case the details given are fictitious.

Well getting insurance here is just as simple but boy will you be sorry when you want to make a claim. Here your premiums skyrocket for anything and everything and if they accept any claim you have to pay a deductible fee which is from $300-1000, just to get them to pay the rest. Then when you renenw the insurance you see it's been jacked up.

Lol
The insurance companies in the countries represented above seams corrupt and just plane stupid..

When i got my insurance, it went like this:
How old are you?
Does your car have a big engine?
How far do you drive each year?

Then i was done, and got my quote.
Does not matter what i do to the car visually and/or where in the country i have it :p