my new impreza

sephiroth99

So here it is. Unfortunately, it's not a WRX or anything crazy like that. It's a magnificient Impreza Brighton 1997 with the mighty 1.8 boxer engine :cool: Best part : it's AWD. But everything else is base, base, base. No tach, no sunvisor mirrors. Only options are cruise and power mirrors

proof

bonus: my previous cars (some may or may not be in a lost post in the old post your car thread)

1st car Toyota Corolla 95

2nd Nissan 240sx 90

3rd Nissan 240sx 93

4th Nissan Silvia (1991 iirc)

I wish I hadn't sold any of my 240sx/silvia :( :cry:

Last edited:
I got an Impreza too! We can be best friends. :)

looking good, do you have anything in mind for upgrade, changes, or do you keep it the way it is?
I like those types of impreza's lots of room :)

Google "East Coast Swappers"

Profit

Looks clean!

Swap that ish!

s14 to 1.8 wagon?

It was a s13 silvia, but yeah nonetheless I know it's a downgrade performance wise. Problem is that I'm in university and I don't need that kind of car now. The car had the lot : stripped interior, 6 point cage, aftermarket lsd, coilovers, ... And also I bought the car thinking of going to drift days, but it turned out I suck royally. So instead of having a car doing nothing at my parent's house, I sold it. And the insurance was kinda expensive too being a RHD.

Don't worry, I still have lots of plans for another 240sx when I graduate :lol: And I still wish I had persevered each time I see a drifting video.

looking good, do you have anything in mind for upgrade, changes, or do you keep it the way it is?
I like those types of impreza's lots of room :)

It's going to stay stock (I hope) :lol: The exhaust is leaking though, would be a good excuse to put unequal length headers with a catback :mrgreen: But each time I think about modifying a car, I say to myself, you could spend that money on a 240sx instead. So maybe it really will stay stock

I bought the car because I'm doing an internship and I need it. Being in downtown Montreal for my studies, I really don't need a car. I may sell it afterwards, or I'll keep it and ask my brother if he wants to use it on week days.

a pic of my arm and the silvia at the only driftday I've been to

Last edited:
Love it!

If at all possible, a red rally pig on the driver side mirror would be awesome :mrgreen:

I think its from a Manga magazine that used to sponsor Subaru in WRC. Pretty sure McRae had em on his car
ah OK, thanks for the info

JDM import or S13 conversion? I know America didn't get any S13s, did Canada? :think:

Yes it was a real Silvia, imported from Japan. Canada did get the same model of s13 as the USA (with some minor differences), but with the import law being different in Canada, you can import a "non-conforming" car if it's 15 years old or more. But recently the law changed in the province of Quebec only, they refuse any RHD car at the safety inspection (with some exceptions), which is needed to get your plates if the car is coming from outside the province (which means they basically banned any new JDM cars from coming into the province). It was supposed to be temporary like that until they make a final decision about RHD cars, but the governement keeps reporting the decision period, which is ok for them because they don't have any new RHD cars on their roads... anyway sorry for the rant :|

ECS! ECS! ECS!

STi drivetrain that sucker!

I just did my first fuel up, and I'm doing 9,3l/100km :blink: 60% highway, 30% urban highway, 10% city

I should check that CEL soon <_< I suppose it's the O2 sensor...

It doesn't really get much better than that. If my calculations are correct that is about 25 mpg. That's normal for an Impreza. The new ones get around that. The full time AWD sucks up a lot of gas.

Firstly congrats on your Impreza, it'll be great for winter, but it seems like we aren't getting much of a winter this year.

which is ok for them because they don't have any new RHD cars on their roads... anyway sorry for the rant :|

I think it is a good thing they banned RHD cars, they are not designed to be used in our road ways. You are sitting on the wrong side, so you have no visibility when you want to make a left hand turn at an intersection, no visibility when you want to overtake someone, headlight patterns are wrong, so you end up blinding the oncoming traffic.

Idea of cheap perfromance sounds good at first too, with having all these Japanese imports, but lets face it 99% of those cars are beaten to death, and they are the unwanted cars of Japan.

I think it is a good thing they banned RHD cars, they are not designed to be used in our road ways. You are sitting on the wrong side, so you have no visibility when you want to make a left hand turn at an intersection, no visibility when you want to overtake someone, headlight patterns are wrong, so you end up blinding the oncoming traffic.

Idea of cheap perfromance sounds good at first too, with having all these Japanese imports, but lets face it 99% of those cars are beaten to death, and they are the unwanted cars of Japan.

Honestly it wasn't so bad. Sure you gotta adapt you driving style being on the other side, but it's doable. Next time you sit at the front passenger seat, check how you see the traffic, it's not that bad. But I agree about the headlamps, when you are driving at night, you see absolutely nothing of the roadside (shoulder), because your headlamps are in the other direction, lighting the other lane :?

And you can't deny there is a small exclusivity factor (much less than it was in 2003-2004 when the first silvias were starting to appear.)

On another note, I got stuck with my Imp'. Whatever you do, AWD is of no help if the car is lifted and your back wheels are up in the air because you reversed in a icy snowbank. Open diffs FTL :lol:

Last edited:
that car has done it's time as I have finished my internship (I do not need a car otherwise). It's been for sale for a week now, but no interest :(

I have thought of 3 options :
1. reduce the price and to sell it faster.
2. keep it in storage and sell it before winter, it should sell faster.
3. keep it and do some crazy things with it (I was thinking of a ej25 sohc swap with a lift kit :p)

Anyway after 4 months, I can say that the seats are NOT confortable at all, wind is your enemy (so much wind noise and cross winds are bordeline dangerous, the cars moves everywhere). But it's been reliable, only thing I paid for was gas and 2 oil changes :) (and a 1$ spring too)