Ownership Verified: My 'new' Mustang

That American Girl

Car(s)
None, right now. Bye Bye Mustang. :-(
I finally went and got a replacement for the Taurus. While I'm still keeping the silver behemoth, I do love my new shiny car:

Mustangproof_zpsb565be98.jpg

It's a 2000 Mustang, the entry version I believe, but it's only got 92,000 miles on it. Not too shabby. :)

MynewMustang_zpscebf79c0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Soo... Mrs. CraigB soon? :p

It looks great! Moar pix.

Nice ride. 4-speed auto, I guess?

And for once, I want to be the first to make the obvious unfunny joke:

;) Have fun driving!

Congratulations! Welcome to the FinalGear Mustang Owners Club!

(We do have a club, right? Well why the hell not?)

D'oh! Not only is there a Mustang Owners Group, you and I are members. :idiot:

Nice ride. 4-speed auto, I guess?

Yep. I call it my itty bitty beginners muscle car. :p

Will post more pics tomorrow.

Edit. As you can see in the pics, it was just starting to snow.

There's now about an inch of snow, so driving a RWD car that has easily twice the bhp of my old car for the first time in years...in the snow was, how shall I say?

Invigorating. :p

Last edited:
Needs two things.

coyote_w.jpg

And about a dozen of these in the trunk.

attachment.php

White. Automatic. V6.

It's a good thing you're a girl. :p

Just playing. Congratulations on your 'stang... Craig, stop humping her leg!

Yep. I call it my itty bitty beginners muscle car. :p

Will post more pics tomorrow.

Edit. As you can see in the pics, it was just starting to snow.

There's now about an inch of snow, so driving a RWD car that has easily twice the bhp of my old car for the first time in years...in the snow was, how shall I say?

Invigorating. :p

Twice the power? Your Mustang is rated at 190hp, compared to 200hp for the Taurus.

So I'm assuming you don't have traction control? (It was available starting in 1999 - but only with ABS. So if you have ABS, you may very well have traction control.)

If it has T/C there should be a button for it near the shifter.

I approve of white cars, and this Mustang look good. :thumbsup:

Twice the power? Your Mustang is rated at 190hp, compared to 200hp for the Taurus.

So I'm assuming you don't have traction control? (It was available starting in 1999 - but only with ABS. So if you have ABS, you may very well have traction control.)

The Taurus originally had about 180 hp. Now, after so many miles, I think I'm lucky to get maybe 90 of them. :-( It has led a long and (with me) a hard life.

And yes I do have traction control. It is now...on. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Needs two things.

coyote_w.jpg

Holy crap I want that!

Last edited:
Is that an easy drop-in for the 2000? :)

edit: screw that...will it fit in MINE?! :p

Is that an easy drop-in for the 2000? :)

edit: screw that...will it fit in MINE?! :p

Yes, it is, though smog legality is questionable unless you have a donor car you're harvesting it from. You'll also need to swap axles and brake systems out for those from a GT at the very least, and add both full length subframe connectors as well as a rear sway/anti-roll bar (plus beef up the front one). More info on the swap here - the 5.0 they mention is the old 5.0 pushrod engine, not the new 5.0 pictured above. Swap for those goes like the 4.6 one. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/v6-tech/287072-v6-v8-swap-faq-newbies-read-here-first.html

No, it won't fit your failwheeldrive Cougar. :p

Last edited:
While at Target earlier I came outside to see that some asshat had either backed into my car, or just got too damn close. I have a big smear on the front right bumper already!

Really!? REALLY!!??

If I find the person who did this I will do very bad things to them!! I've only had the car about a week and it's already scuffed!! I went to take a pic of it when I got home but I just went inside and cried for a bit.
:cry: