Ownership Verified: My new Panzertank (2006 Passat VR6)

My thought is that the first generation DSG was being developed around the same time as the B6, so it wasn't included until later. They have been offering DSG on various models since 2006, slowing adding models along the way. You can now get DSG as an option on most VW models here.

:no: Every VR6 B6 came with a DSG over here, since the B6 was introduced in 2005. There are 350 Passats between 2005 and 2010 with 250-300hp for sale around here, not a single manual amongst them.

Just a quick update for you guys. My car is going to have the rear bumper stripped and painted Monday. The finish has some defect and is cracked all over, it looks awful. Really embarrassing on such a pretty car. Dealership is going to foot the bill this time because, I have a good relation with them.

Just a quick update and a few photos for you. Had its first service with me last month, all it needed was an oil change. Everything else checks out, previous owner took really good care of it.

JnWByWH.jpg

sa8P93w.jpg

JR34f0O.jpg

Quick video of startup:

Last edited:
Loving the interior color combination! I guess it's a bit of a sleeper, even over there in the US?

Had my first hit and run just two days into my new job. There are no cameras in the area, making it impossible to track down the person or provide any evidence. I'm pretty annoyed by all this, including the fact that I have to pay a $200 deductible for damage I didn't cause.

BmRzipr.jpg

That sucks, but it could be much worse. Try having a $2000 deductible for damage you didn't cause :cry:

People who leave after accidents are the worst people.

Besides, that looks pretty minor. Any chance you could get it repaired for less than the deductible?

Yeah, I'm actually in NWA. Not sure if the image shows it, the scratches are quite deep and the plastic trim is properly fucked.

We should meet up sometime for a Pig Trail cruise (Google Maps).

Doesn't really show in the photos. Are they going to be able to repair it without replacing the bumper?

Last edited: