My new photography website

OneStiffGT

I just put up my personal portfolio website up, I tried to keep the pictures onthe site to a minimum, just to be able to give an idea of the work I do for the sake of keeping it simple.

Let me know what you guys think.

www.maniazeri.com

Cheers,
Mani

The flash is doing a really good job of making your rather good photos look very crappy. It's doing a lazy resize, causing jaggies all over non-straight edges.

I closed it as soon as I heard embedded elevator music.

Oh, I'm sure it's there. However, I (like many) have no intentions of hunting around the interface for the button to turn off the annoying music. There's a nice square button on the top right that works even better. Seriously, I would lose the music.

As already said: loose the music, it's really annoying. And the way the photos are resized is very bad, as they all look terrible when viewed "small". Other than that, it looks nice.

Oh, I'm sure it's there. However, I (like many) have no intentions of hunting around the interface for the button to turn off the annoying music. There's a nice square button on the top right that works even better. Seriously, I would lose the music.

Seriously. It's one of my pet peeves. I'd like to give you some feedback but I can't bring myself to open the page.

I mean I often listen to music through my computer, there's nothing more annoying than having some other random music come in over the top by surprise.

Or having music blast my wife awake by accident (we live in a one room apartment and my computer plays through bookshelf speakers).

So, it's been one year exactly, and I have done a complete redesign of the site. No more elevator music. Easier to update interface, social media sharing enabled. I think this is the way to go.

What do you guys think of it now? :)

PS : Still in the process of adding content.

The font used for titles such as "Featured" "Recent" and for all image/set titles really shows up bad. Perhaps its just my screen/browser combo but it doesn't look too good, its not smooth like the rest of the text. I'll post some pictures of what i see.

http://img25.imageshack.**/img25/1112/mapho2.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.**/img130/7852/mapho1.jpg

Last edited:
No, it's on mine, too. It's like they are being scaled or something, because once I "zoomed in" a bit with the browser, they got better. Huge, but better.

Hmm, thanks for the heads up guys, I'll look into that for sure.

I'm running a 32" monitor, so it shows up alright here. Perhaps I just looked at my laptop and I see what you mean.