My 'New' Skoda Superb

ok so this morning i tried swapping the keys around before going to see the skoda man.

the online guide mentions putting one key in the ignition with the ignition then turned on, you then lock the car manually with a second key and with that second key you press the unlock button twice to reprogram....but it never says which key you are reprogramming...the one in your hand or the one in the ignition!

yesterday id tried broken key in the ignition and working key in my hand an got nothing. today i swapped them round and wadda ya know? it fucking works!

my working remote key in the ignition.... ignition on..... i then locked the car manually with the non working key.......... pressed the unlock button an hey presto.....i get a beep! waited a few seconds pressed unlock once more and bobs your uncle, fanny's your aunt the key now remotely opens n closes the car. result!

so there you go klanky.... try that!

so there you go klanky.... try that!
Too late now, I got rid of the car, because it was crap and I didn't really need it living in the city. But congrats that you got it fixed.

Nice car

Time for an update

first the bad. I had some terrible luck with this car. First I managed to get 4 yes 4 flat tyres in the space of a night and then I managed to get stuck on a train and missed my stop and then when I got my car back with 4 new pirelli's and an my one good remaining tyre on the spare I got hit by a block of wood off the back of a lorry on the m1. This put 2 deep dents and a gouge in the passenger side a pillar, which coz of it's shape must be really hard to do.

Any way, after that got sorted it's had a service and some new brakes and a general tidy mechanical tidy up and now it's sweet as a nut.

Driving it:
it's like A modern land yacht. The suspension flobers about like it's traversing the channel. Big undualations make it heave up and down vigorously. It doesn't like being chucked about at all and I find it quite difficult still to drive it fast smoothly . So I don't. This thing wafts and that's what it's good at. It's got big comfy armchairs and lots of torque. The suspension irons out all the creases ..... It's just a relaxing drive.

My friends were really impressed with the amount of space inside. So much so that they resorted to calling shot gun for the back seats rather than the front so that they could pretend to be chauffered around.

One good thing is the engine. With the chip this thing doesn't half shift when you boot it. and when you do you increase the chances of the guy behind getting cancer lol. This things home is the motor way. At 80+ this thing just floats like a magic carpet, it glides over the road serenely like it isn't actually in contact with it.

Living with it:

well it's not bad, it's a bit more expensive to maintain then I'm used to, but it returns over 50mpg no matter how you drive it, 55 or more if you really try. So it's saving me there. Other than that I think the two biggest issues are not being able to fold the rear seats flat and most significAntly... It's a fucking bitch and a half to park. It's like 5m long and even when driving forwards into a typical bay you need 3 manouvers to get it in there because it's got an horrificly bad turning circle and it's length makes standard carparks feel too narrow. Parking sensors at the rear do make parallel parks an absolute breeze though.

Overall I'm thoroughly enjoying this car, skoda makes me happy. I think my next car might just be an octavia vrs estate with the 2.0tfsi engine. Skoda now joins ford as one of my facourite car makers

sorry for any spelling mistakes or wierd words, I have no Internet and I just typed all this on my new iPhone.

Time for an update

first the bad. I had some terrible luck with this car. First I managed to get 4 yes 4 flat tyres in the space of a night and then I managed to get stuck on a train and missed my stop and then when I got my car back with 4 new pirelli's and an my one good remaining tyre on the spare I got hit by a block of wood off the back of a lorry on the m1. This put 2 deep dents and a gouge in the passenger side a pillar, which coz of it's shape must be really hard to do.

How the hell do you manage 4 flat tyres in one night? Were you driving on broken glass?

Also, sucks about the piece of wood, I hope you got the lorry's numberplate...

I have no idea. On the Monday morning I noticed that the car was pulling to the left so I got out to check the left front and it was very soft. I topped it ip and got to work. When o got out of work it was pancake flat, gutted because the two fronts were less than a month old.

So i went to pit the spare on, but that was bald so i thought i won't risk it and called a tow truck to get me home. left the bald spare on the car to help get it on the trailer easier. When I got dropped off I noticed the two rears were feeling soft so I had to top them up too. As a precaution I left the car over night in kwikfit car park. When my gf got there the next day to sort the tires out for me while I was at work, the two rears and the baldy spare were flat as a pancake too. So them 3 plus the flat in te boot =4 flat tires. I dunno what happend lol

block of wood basically got catapulted off the back of a lorry carrying a prefab house. He pulled out to overtake very late and very sharply causing the tail of his trailer to flick out and fling the block of wood propping part of the house up off the back. That was a crap week indeed.

Good to see your enjoying it.

Agree there comfy as fuck; sort of car you could cross continents with.