My 'New' Skoda Superb

Jetta = Golf
Superb = bigger Passat

I think it's Superb, nice engine too.

No: Jetta = wannabe Passat ;)

Just kidding... a friend of mine has a Jetta which she absolutely adores, she calls it her 'baby Passat'. I just call it 'wanabe Passat with a tiny ass'. It makes her mad :lol:

BTW, love your car though! I still think Skoda is very underrated while it's a very good car. The new Octavias and Superbs are really cool.

Always been a fan of Skodas as budget VWs but the Superb is a larger Passa. What more can you want? I'm also curious about the umbrellas, as some before me. Found a picture of it, for those who haven't seen it before
skoda_superb_rear_passenger_umbrella.jpg

Awesome, the umbrellas still there? :cool:

nah the last owner must of swiped them coz the umbrella's home is empty!!! ... it just hides under a glove box type flap in the left rear door

needs a new set of side lights (ones out, the others dim), a new reversing light on one side (dim) and i think im just gonna go get a new pair of headlamps too because theyre both quite dim.

Last edited:
nah the last owner must of swiped them coz the umbrella's home is empty!!!

needs a new set of side lights (ones out, the others dim), a new reversing light on one side (dim) and i think im just gonna go get a new pair of headlamps too because theyre both quite dim.

Are they HID/Xenon or normal halogens? No reason, just interested. :)

Are they HID/Xenon or normal halogens? No reason, just interested. :)

no just halogens

kind of embarrasin to ask this but..... is my car FWD or RWD? ..... jus noticed, it looks like the engines mounted long ways rather than transversely

EDIT: i see its FWD

also how is it that you get better performance and fuel economy when you get diesels chipped? it kinda doesnt make sense..... however im pretty sure i knew the answer a while ago, but ive forgotten.

i mean to get more power, u have to get a bigger bang so you get more MEP and more torque, so you need more fuel (up to a point) but then surely using more fuel = less MPG? i suppose if it has different maps... like a realy leaned out one for cruising and a richer than normal for full load then that would work... but this is some kinda of plug in chip (plugs in the air sensor i was told) so i dunno how that works

Last edited:
or tell me i paid too much (tho according to parkers guide it should of been over ?4k). thats fine, i dont really give a rats what people think...

The same car, with the same number of miles on the clock, costs roughly 18.000 pounds here, so 3200 GBP seems to be a fair price in my head :p

It is without doubt a very nice car, perfect for the long motorway trips. And the legroom in the back is just immense, considering it technically being a VW Passat.

i was checking the tyres today, the left rear was properly low.... like 17 PSI low.... no wonder the outer edge is nearly bald. thankfully the main part of the tyre is in good nick, good 5mm left in there. i thought the tyres on one side were on the wrong way round...because of the tread pattern but it turns out the pirellis dont have a symmetrical tread pattern, and theres no arrow saying direction of rotation so i guess it doesnt matter.... its just a cosmetic thing that no one but me will notice

i checked the spare out as well... full size spare alloy no less.... tyre on it is as bald as a coot tho.

changing the dipped beams looked like a mission this morning, but went over to briskoda.net forums and it turns out its actually pretty easy. so will order some new bulbs off of Autobulbsdirect.co.uk today... halfords are way over priced, they want ?20 for one +50 bulb... one!!! i can get two Osram Night breakers (+90) for that.

"Superb" Choice :p

I really like the Superb, but then again it's not what I'd buy if I was 23.
Good engine though, if a bit loud.

Any particular reason for buying this type of car?

^ no no reason i just wanted something big ish and this was in the paper... plus i like skoda's, theyre great cars imo. Along with ford, probably one of my favourite car makers

I've always loved that Skoda, even thought it looks like a stretched VW Passat. Nevertheless, it's a great car for your money. Also, that color rocks. ;)

Useless trivia: VW originally made the stretched Passat for Chinese big wigs. They later figured it would be a good idea to bring it back home and slap a Skoda badge on it.

^ no no reason i just wanted something big ish and this was in the paper... plus i like skoda's, theyre great cars imo. Along with ford, probably one of my favourite car makers

I fully applaud your choice of car and also sad the umbrella is gone. I would have used that as a serious haggling point, lol

Well back of holiday and have covered just under 1000miles in the car.... its comfy as fooook!!!, seriously, just the set the cruise to 75 and waft....get out a few hours later feeling great

the boot swallowed an awful lot of camping equipment as well as suitcases

still need to change the headlight bulbs, the ones its got are fine ish but i just need to some time to have a proper go at changin them. had to change the wiper blades as i found out the hard way that the original ones were shite.

probably gonna need some new discs upfront as they brake pedal is a bit spongy and theres a lip around the edge of each disc showing alot of wear. need to get two new tyres for the back probably, ones ok but the others got a nearly bald outer edge (tho the rest of the tread is fine)

might see about getting the underside bit just behind the front wheel on the drivers side re sealed or painted or whatever because all thats showing is the off white fibre glass like material the front wing is made of! im guessing the protective coating/piece just fell off and stones have chipped the paint away.

also the second key appears to have battery power but the remote wont unlock or lock the car. the key physically works though. im guessing they changed the battery but left it too long between changes so its forgotten the code.

all in all though very happy..... just need to hoover out half of bournemouth beach from the back seats!!! and clean the flies off the front!

also the second key appears to have battery power but the remote wont unlock or lock the car. the key physically works though. im guessing they changed the battery but left it too long between changes so its forgotten the code.

That's just VW quality, one of my keys for the Golf did the same thing... :rolleyes::mad:

Hows your alignments?

i think the alignment is fine.... that tyre is baldding on the outer edges because the previous owner was riding around with only 17psi in it..... its supposed to be almost double that!

consequently most the tread appears to be fine and the other wheel is a ok too.

im gonna buy 2 new ones anyway, and order two new front discs and get it all done. ill put the old tyre thats in best condition on the spare because the spare is well an truley bald... its almost a slick.

fitted some Osram Night Breakers today.....lamps still look a little off because one of the headlights plastic outer casing appears to be discoloured slightly and the other one looks pretty new so im guessing its a replacement from a minor fender bender.

That's just VW quality, one of my keys for the Golf did the same thing... :rolleyes::mad:

did u get it fixed?

im hoping the skoda dealer could just reprogram it for a few quid maybe.... (unlikely but worth a try)

did u get it fixed?

im hoping the skoda dealer could just reprogram it for a few quid maybe.... (unlikely but worth a try)

He was gonna charge me like 50 bucks, so I was like FU.

^ apparently theres a method of re-sync'ing the remote..... as i can still operate the car with the key then i guess its still capable of turning the imobiliser off, its just the remote locking wont work.

i tried the procedure (which differs wildly from the one in the manual.... which simply states, press a button and wait one minute and it will work.... what a load of BS that is) and nothing.... zip...zilch.....nada..... so off to the skoda man tomoro!

im so gonna get a ticket with this thing.... booting it in 2nd or 3rd is crazy, u cover the car behind you in diesel soot and by the time you've glanced in the rear view to see if theyre still breathing your doing some silly number on the speedo! it doesnt half shift for a boat!!!

everyone who sits in the back friggin loves this car.... they have like a meter of leg room to get comfy in

Last edited: