My next car? The Peugeot 308 RC Z

the Interceptor

I LUV MY PRIUS!!!
Car(s)
VW Diesel of Death
I've seen some pictures of it here and there a while ago, but with the latest car mag I read, the Peugeot 308 RC Z has gotten my attention. It's a lightweight 2+2 coupe based on the 308 hatchback. They brought the weight down to 1.200 kg (2646 lb) by some lightweight materials - not a new record, but quite light compared to other cars in this class. It's powered by the same 1.6l turbo that propels the new Mini Cooper S, only this version has 216hp. It goes from 0-62mph in 7 secs, does 235 km/h (147 mph) and is supposed to use 6.7 liters per 100 km (35 mpg).

And the most important bit: I think it looks stunning inside and out:

The realworld version is to be introduced on this years IAA.

Last edited:

Donington

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'05 Honda Civic Type-R
Well, as much as I like the rear, i still hate Pug's 'Basking Shark' family face.

Also I saw a 308 the other day and it looked bloody awful

Whappeh

Car(s)
05 Nissan Xterra 4x4
That looks really, really good. Shame it'll never see the light of day here in the US.

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
I think it looks terrible, I'd take an Audi TT or the new Renault Laguna coupe over this.

Interrobang

Forum Addict
[...]and the most important bit: I think it looks stunning inside and out:
I?m with you on the inside ... but i hate the outside.

First I hate that Nose-thing Peugot do to all their front-ends now. It may make them recognizable ... but it?s ugly from every angle. I think this is a bigger design screw up than BMW?s two or three years ago. This is truly terrible.

The Rest of the Car looks interesting, reminds me much of an Audi TT/Porsche Cockster, just messed with ... or improved. Hard to tell, need to see the proportions IRL ... maybe that works, maybe not.

Alok

The TomTom did it.
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra 5F
I saw it for real, I have to say, it didnt make a lasting impression

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
Definetely looks like a Peugeot version of the TT.

skr

Car(s)
1992 BMW 525iA, 1999 Ford Focus Estate Ghia 1.8
That looks really, really good. Shame it'll never see the light of day here in the US.
Unless somebody from Mexico who happens to own a car like that in the near future decides to take trip to the US:mrgreen::mrgreen:

jrl1018

Car(s)
2006 Nissan Altma
I?m with you on the inside ... but i hate the outside.

First I hate that Nose-thing Peugot do to all their front-ends now. It may make them recognizable ... but it?s ugly from every angle. I think this is a bigger design screw up than BMW?s two or three years ago. This is truly terrible.

The Rest of the Car looks interesting, reminds me much of an Audi TT/Porsche Cockster, just messed with ... or improved. Hard to tell, need to see the proportions IRL ... maybe that works, maybe not.
x2

Back end is just too ugly. Can't pinpoint it, but something is just wrong from most angles.

Plus, its French :p

MadCow809

Forum Addict
1200kg.. checked

1.6turbo... checked.

turbo + light weight = happiness.

its gonna be a brilliant car to play around, besides that 1.6 has plenty of power to squeeze from a new ECU+intake system(which both doesnt ruin the warranty). i just hope it will handle well.