My old E-class Coupe

Jupix

It's a 1994 Mercedes-Benz E 320 Coup? Sportline, W124 chassis. In fact the very first E class coupe, since it was the 1994 model year that Mercedes switched to the new (E XXX) naming scheme. Before 1994 this would've been called 320CE, where c stands for coupe and e for injection.

It's a 3,2 litre straight six, also a milestone since it's basically the last of the (at least passenger) straight six engines before Mercedes switched to V-sixes in the 1995 E-class (W210). It's the biggest engine you could have in the W124C, except for the AMG which I believe was a 3,6 litre.

Mine is in a pretty good shape, ze Germans took care of it until 2005, so it hasn't had much time to rot in the bucket of salt water that is a southern-Finnish winter. Supposedly only about 155k km's on it. Also because it's originally German, it has almost all the goodies. Air con, limited slip diff, power/electric everything, black leather interior, sportline body and suspension, cruise control, and so forth. :)

Took some pics after a good cleaning:

DSC_1979.jpg

DSC_1973.jpg

DSC_1977.jpg

Also some interior shots. It hasn't been polished much for these pics, I apologise for that :p

It's all original except the immobilizer LED which is after-market, and which they (some previous owner) fucked the dashboard with, it has a scar right next to it.

DSC_1991.jpg

DSC_1992.jpg

DSC_1993.jpg

DSC_1995.jpg

DSC_1996.jpg

DSC_1997.jpg

DSC_1998.jpg

DSC_2000.jpg

DSC_2001.jpg

DSC_2004.jpg

As for what the car is like... Well, the W124 is pretty much a prime example of what people are talking about when they speak of Mercedes-Benz quality. It's built like a tank, so it's very solid, and even though it's a "sporty" coupe with pillarless windows and lowered suspension, it doesn't squeak or rattle or crash in potholes. The seats are very comfy and there's nice room for 4 people. And with a 3,2 litre six, it's a nice GT car. And for an E class, turns quite a few heads in the city. :cool:

Last edited:
Did MB ever make a 190 coupe?

I love this car! Congratulations.
I almost bought one here in the States, but I was scared of the maintanance costs of Mercedes' here.

The colour is a bit poor, but apart from that it gets pretty damn close to perfect W124. OH, and btw, Mercedes did fit W124 coupes with the 500E V8, but only by request and only a handful were made. Interesting fact: the W124 coupe is heavier than the W124 sedan :)

Nice car! W124s are very nice to drive, although i prefer the 190E handling-wise :)

Interesting fact: the W124 coupe is heavier than the W124 sedan :)

That's because it's basically a convertible with a fixed hardtop, so it has all the convertible reinforcements that make it heavier.

Last edited:
OH, and btw, Mercedes did fit W124 coupes with the 500E V8, but only by request and only a handful were made.

Can't imagine what one of those might cost these days. V8 W124C with a manual would be the perfect combination :p

Can't imagine what one of those might cost these days. V8 W124C with a manual would be the perfect combination :p

the 500E was only available with an auto box, although i have seen a few manual conversions on the web.

A truly special car, a car you just enjoy to sit in everyday. Plus It must be incredible to drive. I drove in a taxi of this model once and I remember the seats were just sooo comfy. And a great choice of color,thank god you didnt go with the grey or black, this is so much better, it just makes the car somehow. Also the alloys fit it perfectly. Shes a beauty, take care of her :)

So I let it stretch its legs today a bit at the airfield. Did the quarter mile in 15.37 seconds and top speed of 207 kph at 1500 meters.

[youtube]Zz_eXI8cexo[/youtube]

Also new to this thread, a new windshield, thorough rustproofing, derusting and repainting both doors (they had a couple fingertip-sized rust spots).

Thinking of buying a Supersprint muffler. I hear they make good stuff, just not sure it's the right one for me, I'd like a throatier range of low rpm sounds, that's not exactly what the Supersprint muffler does afaik. They're supposed to sound good at higher rpm's.

Last edited:
a guy who used to swim with, his dad had one of these... M reg, so 1995 model, in like a metal grey colour. it was awesome an so much better than the old, bright red 911 he used to drive.

always loved this car

^ at the vid? whats with all the noise lol its like your a jet fighter and the baddies have a lock on you l!!!!

Last edited:
The GPS seems to think there are speed limits at the strip. :p

Last edited: