My personal car reviews: Audi A6 3.0 TDI (an update)

I know ;)

Speed a little, pay a fine (1-20 over). Speed a little more, collect points (21-30 in town, 21-40 elsewhere). Speed a lot more, get a driving ban for a few months (31+, 41+). Collect three points twice in a year, get a driving ban (26+). Collect eighteen points, lose your license. Be good for two years, lose all points.

This is the magic table:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/narf/2010/06/06/speed.png

Columns are speed over limit, legal stuff, legal stuff, points, ban, fine, same thing over for out of town.

Last edited:
It?s also worth noting that Police measurement of your speed has to give you certain measuring tolerance by law in germany. Depending on the method used (and other boring factors), it?s between 3 and 10%. On the Autobahn with a Limit of 100 km/h, you?re pretty "safe" driving 110 km/h because of that. Also it doesn?t really "pay off" to get you for violations under 10km/h over wich is why on top of the tolerance, you also get a sort of "too much work for too little income" area in wich you are likley not to be botherd because of profit-reasons. Wich is why nobody really sticks to the limits shown on signs ... they always add 10% and still feel safe (and they can be) ... just untill the moment they cross the border into other european countries where they don?t have to give you such tolerances. Get caught doing 51 in a 50 km/h zone in the Netherlands (for example) , and you will be fined ...

Last edited:
Last edited:
just untill the moment they cross the border into other european countries where they don?t have to give you such tolerances. Get caught doing 51 in a 50 km/h zone in the Netherlands (for example) , and you will be fined ...

Yeah, neighboring countries can be a bitch. Get caught in Denmark on a 130kph motorway doing 131-140 and it'll be really expensive - 1000dkk/135?? In comparison the (theoretical, barely ever enforced) German fine would be 10? :dance:

Sure it?s at 4:40? I see one at 5:15 ... and were the signs on the backside of those seen at 5:36? Then I don?t really see a possibility to fight that ticket ... :(

You're right. It's on 5:15. For some reason my memory tricked me into believing it was above a concrete wall.

Get caught doing 51 in a 50 km/h zone in the Netherlands (for example) , and you will be fined ...

Especially when you have a German number plate ;)