My photothread - shots from norway

Status
Not open for further replies.

markryder

Been hanging around these forums for a while, and thought I'd share some of my photography work with you all.

A month ago I upgraded from a canon powershot s3 camera, to a canon eos 350D. Bought the "canon 17-55mm f2.8 is usm" lens for the camera, and started shooting. Some examples of my work so far...

Toyota celica GT-4:

st20501.jpg

st20502.jpg

st20509.jpg

An old chevy:

chevy01.jpg

chevy02.jpg

Flat black mr2 mk3:

mr2mk302.jpg

Lamborghini diablo SE30 jota (one of 11 or 12 ever made):

diablo01.jpg

diablo02.jpg

diablo03.jpg

diablo05a.jpg

diablo4v2.jpg

diablo6.jpg

diablo07.jpg

diablo08.jpg

diablo09.jpg

diablo10s.jpg

As soon as I've sold my car, I'm upgrading to either the canon 5D or mark III camera. My car:

avensis48small.jpg

avensis47.jpg

avensis42.jpg

avensis41.jpg

Comments are welcome ;)

Older examples of my work (shot with the canon powershot s3 camera) can be seen on my site http://www.photowerkz.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude these are awesome :thumbsup: Wellcome!

Those shots of the Chevy, it's a 1955 BTW, 210 or Bel-air (only differences are the trim) is damn awesome.

I've got me a new background :thumbsup:

How did you get a Lamborghini Diablo for photographing?

Some great photos there, really like the one of the old Chevy.

markryder, what camera did you use for the first batch of photos? Are the later photos shot with the 400D?

also, how much post-processing do you do?

And, of course, my compliments to some excellent photography. I just finished an intro course in photography and, sadly, have no funds to upgrade to a DSLR.

Mark you might want to fix the link to bigger pic. You`re missing jpg at the end ;). Pic is really nice 8) .

Wow, these photos are great, I really hope to get that good in postprocessing... So what did you do in PS, are there any tutorials on the internet that were very helpful and made those results possible? Or could you even post a tutorial for PS?xD
Have a nice day! :)

Dude, again, lots of lovely pics there :thumbsup:

Just absolutely awesome... all photos!!! Though the ones from the red MR2 are just phenomenal. It gives an great contrast!!!

Congratulations for the job on those photos... just love it!

Noen av bildene av Lamborghini Diabloen er knall, s?rlig fordi du i Photoshop f?r
ryddet litt opp i bakgrunnene dine. Du begynner ? f? ganske peiling ser det ut til,
eneste tipset fra meg er at bildene dine ofte virker litt rotere komponert og b?res
kun av etterbehandlingen. Bruker du 1 minutt lengre p? ? tenke p? komposisjonen og
rydder opp i bakgrunnen med utsnittene vil bildene bli av en annen kaliber!

Keep on shooting

Hanasand: one of the biggest challenges is finding decent locations for the shoots. I hate using the same place twice, and (as you know) norway is f'ing un-spectacular.

You must be joking...really, you must be. Either that, or maybe you should expand out to taking geographic and nature shots.

I live in Illinois, only the Netherlands is flatter than here, and I am surrounded by corn fields and suburban sprawl.

We'll he's got a point. The eastern urban parts of Norway tend to be quite flat and dull.
But still, I'm not saying the scenery isn't spectacular enough. It's just a question of
arranging the shot in such a way that elements you don't need doesn't appear all
over the background and disturb the object in focus.

Take the MR2 shot for instance, placing the car a little more to left (that's a question
of taste really) and moving the camera closer to the ground would let the grass
form the horizon which would be really clean and nice. Or just using a bit more
zoom/tele would also make you able to eliminate unwanted background
elements such as buildings etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.