my pics taken with my spankin new Canon A95, **56kWARINING**

justin syder

Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
im learning the features and how to use it as the pics will show that I am a noob.

Some are blurry some are good.

Heres my comp,

pics008.jpg

Heres a view from my window, 12th floor, Empire State Building in the far right,

pics002.jpg

Here are some GTA San Andreas pics of my money situation,

pics004.jpg

pics014.jpg

pics011.jpg

Here are some pics I took at a Lambo dealership while visiting a family friend in NJ. Good thing I had my cam with me, I take it with me everywhere.

pics018.jpg

pics019.jpg

pics020.jpg

pics021.jpg

pics023.jpg

pics025.jpg

pics024.jpg

pics026.jpg

Better pics to come, especially for the NY autoshow.

use the flash, the cam will take a faster shutter speed and it won't be blurry.

Well just keep the flash on AUTO. The cam will sort it out :)

Lower thar shutter speed dude - you don't need such a great exposure on those shots. The Murc pic is the only decent one amongst them, surely u can see that.

Lower thar shutter speed dude - you don't need such a great exposure on those shots. The Murc pic is the only decent one amongst them, surely u can see that.

great exposure?

Obviously it is the best but there are like 2-3 other pics up there that arent that bad.

How do I get other pics to come out like that Murc one?

Its easy to set-up and get into my comp so I can take test pics of my scale models and take suggestions to get me to be a better novice photographer.

I really like the view from your apartment... thats the cool thing abt living in an apartment in the city

I also like the shot from the city. It's a very good photo.

I also like that image of the Diablo Roadster badge. In fact, it just made it's way onto my desktop background, although I did take the liberty of editing it a bit... Here's the result, if you're interested.

yea, keep practicing ;)

nice view from your window though ...

haz

Renesis said:
put it in P with auto flash, your pics will be ok 99% of the time ;)

Word.....also maybe pay more attention to the steadyness of your hands when taking a pick...I push the button halfway down, look at the focal points the AAiF chooses, steady my hands, then shoot (obviously I have time for those shots - quick ones are a different story). I'm thinking that maybe you are pointing and shooting too quickly, and maybe as you click the button your hands move...just a thought (I'm no pro, either ;) )

That's also why they tell you when shooting, don't PULL the trigger....squeeze it. Your hands won't shake as much then, and you have a better chance of getting a good shot.

yea, keep practicing

I might go to a Bentley dealership and a Lambo dealership in Manhattan to get good pics. I could also go to the Park Ave Merc dealer to see the SLR if its still there of course.

Word.....also maybe pay more attention to the steadyness of your hands when taking a pick...I push the button halfway down, look at the focal points the AAiF chooses, steady my hands, then shoot (obviously I have time for those shots - quick ones are a different story). I'm thinking that maybe you are pointing and shooting too quickly, and maybe as you click the button your hands move...just a thought (I'm no pro, either )

That's also why they tell you when shooting, don't PULL the trigger....squeeze it. Your hands won't shake as much then, and you have a better chance of getting a good shot.

I did hold it half way so it could adjust and focus but I think I didnt steady my hands. I was in a bit of a rush and nervous being so close to these cars. I'll get the hang of it.

There were some of the Lambos that I just pointed and shot. :oops:

Im really gonna get some more practise by going to the city one day and just take pics. Ill go to those dealerships too.

All I need now are new batteries :x

Here are some of my pointers for getting steadier shots:

- Personally, I never use the flash. I've found that the flashes put on most digital cameras are either too powerful or very low quality and end up over saturating or just generally wrecking your photographs.

- Whenever you take a picture, always hold down the shutter button half way first. Hold it down and let the camera do all of its focusing, metering, etc. Once the camera is done that (I haven't used an A95, but on my PowerShot S30 you can see on the LCD when it finishes) then push the button down the rest of the way to take the shot. If you just walk up to something and push the button down all the way, the camera has to focus, light meter and take the picture all at the same time. I've found this is the main cause of blurry shots. Just let the camera adjust to the shot and then push the shutter the rest of the way.

- If you are going to use an automatic mode, use the one with the quickest shutter speed (it's usually the little sprinter icon on Canons). If you are going to use manual mode, do what I suggested above to find the best settings (on my camera, the aperture and shutter speed show up in red if they camera thinks they are incorrect for the scene).

- Hold the camera with two hands. Use your right hand for the controls and use your left hand to cradle the side and bottom of the camera (or cradle the lens if you were using something like an SLR).

- Use breathing techniques. This may seem odd, but it helps a lot. I find that if I take a breath, exhale and then take the shot before inhaling again I get the best results. Just find what is most steady for you.

- Take a tonne of pictures. Practice is the most important thing for taking good pictures.

:)