My Porsche 911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll officially say that you have some fantastic cars now that we've got everything cleared up! :)

I am afraid it's like tightened airport security. Some idiots hijacked a plane/lied about owning a Ferrari/Aston/350Z/GTR/Dodge Ram/Supra/(am I forgetting any?) and now we have to scrutinise all new members.

Anyway, welcome to the club!

Cheers , i'll post some photos tomorrow ( or a link ) i will have 12 classics out for a sunday drive to visit a maserati collection ( may be of interest )

Holy yes. Waiting for pics. :)

Final Gear, you crack me up sometimes.

I'm watching this thread for lots and lots and lots of pictures. :yes:

Props to advt for putting up with the knuckleheads around here. I was thinking about getting an S-8 for my next car, but I decided that I will be going the 911 route instead. No idea when that will be, but when I do, I hope mine is as good looking as your red one. I am probably going to get an older one though.

ok now does this help ;

That photo is clearly 'shopped. Let me tell you, I've seen *a lot* of pixels in my day, and I can tell you straight away that those right there are not genuine!!

:p

Nice cars. ;)

What's it like owning an old Porsche?

Nice group of 911s you had there, and what an incredible collection of cars. I have no idea what that last car is though, but it's beautiful.

damn nice cars. the last set looks like an old maserati A6G (well, the plate tells you obviously.. ;)), but only 4 built? maybe a special version..

damn nice cars. the last set looks like an old maserati A6G (well, the plate tells you obviously.. ;)), but only 4 built? maybe a special version..

here's the data;
Some of Maserati's customers expressed interest in a Pinin Farina designed berlinetta body for their A6 GCS/53. There was no way that Maserati could directly commision Pinin Farina to fit the chassis with bodies, as the Turin based company had just closed a co-production deal with Enzo Ferrari. Long time Rome based Maserati dealer Giuglielmo 'Mimmo' Dei was supplied with 6 bare A6 GCS/53 chassis. He commisioned Pinin Farina to fit them with elegant berlinetta bodies. Eventually four of the six chassis were fitted with Pinin Farina designed bodywork. All of which survive in one form or another today.

Today all four original chassis remain (s/n 2056, 2057, 2059 and 2060), with 2089 being a fifth semi-original Pinin Farina Berlinetta. Passionate Maserati enthusiast Franco Lombardi commisioned Giordemengo to rebuilt a body for his original 2057. After the 20 years restoration project Giordemengo started work on replicas, of which two have been completed.

I want your car.

Nuff said.

Good on you for putting up with everyone and proving that you have the cars!

Nice cars at that too. I've always been a fan of Porsche.

well cheers , and here's some updates as i haven't been on for awhile .

2 new cars ;
(1) a 1974 914 which due to being LHD and no permit will now become a 914/6GT replica for the track ( a future project )

http://www.early911nz.org/914-4.php

(2) Out of Boston, USA a 3 gauge 1966 912 coupe which was a calendar car for the 912 reg in 2007. Don't ask for proof on this as it's some were between NY and the panama canal on a ship bound for New zealand. So abit hard to get more photos.

Attachments

• stein-1107.jpg
    stein-1107.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 69
  • P1010551.JPG
    P1010551.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 48
That seems like quite a lot of effort for a 912. Are you going to swap the engine? Not enough 911s down there?

no no , there are not a lot of 911 / 912 in New Zealand pre 74. and what i after is the complete history set i:e 1ea of a pre 74 911 / 912 / 914 and a 356 . I will be in the US next year to get the 356.
As you can gather i'm more into classics than later cars. I have driven a 997rs and 997 cup car and there great!! but later model porsche have started to lose there sole

Status
Not open for further replies.