My Porsche 911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems he can see into the future. That indicator photo was taken 5 days ago, at least 3 days before the request was made. It was taken with a 400D too. The camera on the first 4 photos matches though, Pentax Optio S4. The first race car photo was taken at 6mm focal length, seems like he has a nice collection of photography kit too. Let's see you in the lens flair thread. :)

Seems he can see into the future. That indicator photo was taken 5 days ago, at least 3 days before the request was made. It was taken with a 400D too. The camera on the first 4 photos matches though, Pentax Optio S4. The first race car photo was taken at 6mm focal length, seems like he has a nice collection of photography kit too. Let's see you in the lens flair thread. :)

Um, the indicator photo is clearly just cropped off the full car one he posted before.

That would be nice, advtracing. There is a guy here in CA that autocrosses a 1976 911S, but the only thing original is the roof and floor. He put a complete carbon fiber body, upped the engine to 3.0 liters with weber carbs, twin spark plugs, and a ton of other stuff. Weighs 1850 lbs. Its so sweet.

Um, the indicator photo is clearly just cropped off the full car one he posted before.

I would look again and then take that back. Not only is the background and angle of the shot completely different, but the original is on grass, as opposed to concrete on the close up, thanks very much. so my comment about the date stands.

OK .... i will have the car out on sunday , i will take a picture of the lhs indicator WITH a sunday paper showing the date ....is that good enough????

As for cropping you asked for a close up ? and i don't show current number plates there is a rash of car's stolen in nz at the moment ( mustang's , porsches , camero's , bmw's ) so no one is giving away alot online

Last edited:
I see no reason not to trust advtracing. Old 911s aren't exactly rare or expensive to buy. Maintenance is the real killer.

Nice cars.

yeah I just did a quick lookup, most expensive ones are 24K, go as low as like 11K. That is a rather affordable supercar and most people who car crazy could afford one

Don't ever anger the Internet nerds. They're brutal. :lol:

advtracing -- nice car. :)

Nice cars, indeed. While I personally prefer the 993, i wouldn't mind owning a 964 - especially one as nice as yours.

Sorry to go off topic for a minute, but something Frankiess said made me laugh:

Oh and as a sidenote, it's BoxSter. Bloody Porsche Boxster. Every now and then I gotta read it misspelled in some Finnish newspaper or better yet, a contest where you can win a Porche Boxter for the weekend. Not that such ignorance drives me nuts, but .. well it does.

Aren't Boxsters made in Finland? Way to support your domestic automakers! Oh well. At least they're not calling it the Porsche Boxty.:lol:

Nice cars, indeed. While I personally prefer the 993, i wouldn't mind owning a 964 - especially one as nice as yours.

Sorry to go off topic for a minute, but something Frankiess said made me laugh:

Aren't Boxsters made in Finland? Way to support your domestic automakers! Oh well. At least they're not calling it the Porsche Boxty.:lol:

As far as I know Boxtys and Cayennes were manufactured in Finland but they stopped making them here. They allso usen to manufacture Caymans in the same factory in Finland.

However last I heard Porsches are no longer made in Finland.
I could be wrong though.

As far as I know Boxtys and Cayennes were manufactured in Finland but they stopped making them here. They allso usen to manufacture Caymans in the same factory in Finland.

However last I heard Porsches are no longer made in Finland.
I could be wrong though.

I think they were about to stop, but then continued the contract with the Cockster? public probably knows an exact answer to this one.

Boxsters and Cocksters will be built in Uusikaupunki until 2012, it's Saab that isn't made in Finland any more.

The Fisker Karma is supposed to start this year, but we'll see what comes of that.

Kudos for 1) having awesome cars and 2) being willing to put up with us and prove it

Cheers , i'll post some photos tomorrow ( or a link ) i will have 12 classics out for a sunday drive to visit a maserati collection ( may be of interest )

Status
Not open for further replies.