Ownership Verified: My Porsche EV Wagen (2021 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S)

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
For those who have been patiently following my other thread about the process of ordering and waiting for the car to arrive (a nearly 8 month process)

That day had finally arrived and I took delivery of my first EV wagon/estate today at the Porsche Experience Center in California ??

PSX_20211208_115208.jpg

PSX_20211208_113623.jpg

Shots outside the center:

PSX_20211208_135211.jpg

PSX_20211208_135258.jpg

It's a good car, Bront.

If you find someone camped outside your garage with longing looks, it might be @ninjacoco. :D

Congrats on the car. It is probably one of the very best available right now. (y)

Looks fantastic! Happy for you, man! This is going to be a fun thread to follow :)

Thanks, and if I'm lucky and not plagued with the 12V battery bricking or sudden power loss issues some unfortunate owners have experienced, this Cross Turismo could prove to be one of the best do-everything all-rounder cars I've owned ?

Last night a buddy came by my house to check out the car, I took it to a local quiet canyon road near my town for a fun shake down drive. The straight line Accel is scary, despite not being a Turbo trim, and it handling incredibly well in the tight canyon turns despite weighing over 5000 lbs AND wearing all-season Pirellis. I can only imagine how much better handling or grip will be with some proper rubber.

After that drive I was 100% convinced I bought the right car, a fun fast performer that I actually use everyday.
Looks fantastic! Happy for you, man! This is going to be a fun thread to follow :)

I don't think the plastic wheelarch trims look bad but this colour does a good job of hiding them anyway. Looks ace.

I still think the charging port locations aren't very good but it is what it is.

I don't think the plastic wheelarch trims look bad but this colour does a good job of hiding them anyway. Looks ace.

I still think the charging port locations aren't very good but it is what it is.

Interesting, because the placement of the charging ports work perfectly fine for me ?

PSX_20211209_151756.jpg

Can you elaborate what about the charge port placement is bad?

Charging port placement is a whole discussion and I still love this car. However, for a common situation in Europe where you would have a car in a reasonably small garage you either have to squeeze down the side of the car to plug it in or unplug it, or if there's a door at the side of the garage you have to get around the plug and cable that stick out to get to the door. If I had one it would be virtually impossible to charge in my garage, for example, where (if I could've fitted a charging point) it would easy for a Tesla/Leaf/Ioniq 5/EV6 as the charger could be right at the back. Maybe not an issue in the US but it's a German car after all.

The placement isn't ideal for some European charging points either, as demonstrated here, compared to corner where you can reverse to get close or at the front where you have really easy access. It's a choice I'll never understand but hopefully it's never an issue for you, you will at least get to compare the ease of charging to the Model Y and it would be interesting to hear your experiences.

Ah so it's more a matter of the realities of EV ownership in Europe, something I have no real experience with ??

Charging port placement is a whole discussion and I still love this car. However, for a common situation in Europe where you would have a car in a reasonably small garage you either have to squeeze down the side of the car to plug it in or unplug it, or if there's a door at the side of the garage you have to get around the plug and cable that stick out to get to the door. If I had one it would be virtually impossible to charge in my garage, for example, where (if I could've fitted a charging point) it would easy for a Tesla/Leaf/Ioniq 5/EV6 as the charger could be right at the back. Maybe not an issue in the US but it's a German car after all.

The placement isn't ideal for some European charging points either, as demonstrated here, compared to corner where you can reverse to get close or at the front where you have really easy access. It's a choice I'll never understand but hopefully it's never an issue for you, you will at least get to compare the ease of charging to the Model Y and it would be interesting to hear your experiences.

I personally find the rear single side placement of the Tesla model Y charging port far more annoying, often necessitating backing into a parking spot with the charging cable blocking the doors or lying on the car, also some spots I back into there very little room to access the rear hatch to take out stuff

I'd want to drive around with it on max ride height all the time, because rallycar.

/unpopularopinion

I'd want to drive around with it on max ride height all the time, because rallycar.

/unpopularopinion
Jacking up the ride height came useful in today's torrential rain storms. Lots of deep water on the roads with no idea the ground clearance.

PSX_20211214_133818.jpg

Also just dropped off my car at the local detailing shop for PPF + ceramic coat + window tint ??

Last edited:
Don't forget to have them throw Aquapel in there while they're at it ;)

Ceramic coating was one of the first things I did to my Mini. What a difference it makes. I think the right level of tinting will really make that car look sleek as heck. Should I drive up and have them tint my car and put it on your bill? I'm sure it won't be that much...

I've never charged an EV but I like the thought of having the charge port on the front wing next to the drivers door. It's certainly better than having it on the front where there can and will be frozen snow and crap if you live in a colder climate. And I don't know WTF Honda was thinking placing the charge door on the bonnet like that.

The absolute worst position has to be the early electrified Mercedes vans. The normal diesel versions have the fuel flap right behind the drivers door so they just re-used that, which resulted in having the charging cable stretched right across keeping you from getting back into the car while waiting for it to charge.