Ownership Verified: My Porsche EV Wagen (2021 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S)

Someone asked me in an earlier reply (I forget who) what color interior I have, it's Slate Grey leather, finally got around to shooting a few clean well lit images.

Here you go.

2022-01-15_03-58-21.jpg

2022-01-15_03-58-30.jpg

2022-01-15_03-58-34.jpg

Finally had some downtime and a day off to take my car for its first real inaugural drive up in the mountains, in this case the famed ACH (Angeles Crest Highway) seen in dozens of California based car review videos.

51828479366_e3bf36164e_c.jpg

My overall driving impressions: I set the car more or less to 'maximum attack' settings (Sport Plus everything, throttle, suspension damping, ride height, etc) and the only real handicap is my car came with Pirelli Cinturato All Seasons rather than stickier summer P Zeros or Michelin Pilot Sport 4S which I would have preferred.

For a nearly 5000 lb car, it handled admirably, aided by all the performance options I specced (rear wheel steer, PDCC, rear PTV diff, etc) but I could definitely feel the weight of the car the longer the drive went, and my arms fatigued much faster versus driving my former 3400 lb 911 Turbo or 3000 lb Cayman GTS up the same route, and with the less sticky all seasons, I didn't push the car nearly as hard, altho the deceptive speed of an EV, I was still probably driving nearly as fast in terms of absolute speed in the tight mountain roads.

51828477441_f0864049e0_c.jpg

51828587893_8f0465274c_c.jpg

Overall it was a fun drive, but it also helped me to find out how much battery range was burned in a 60+ mile uphill/downhill fast mountain drive which will help me plan in later group drives with ICE powered performance cars. If the planned mountain route is too long I will have to really plan around the battery charge.

51828680878_74e68e1e71_c.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, funny you mention press reviews. I wonder if that's the same meetup spot they used for the GTS Sport Turismo press drive. The building in the background looks similar. (I didn't get to drive that version, sadly. Will drive Taycans for food.)

Still a great looking car.

Ha, funny you mention press reviews. I wonder if that's the same meetup spot they used for the GTS Sport Turismo press drive. The building in the background looks similar. (I didn't get to drive that version, sadly. Will drive Taycans for food.)
Yes all those US GTS Sport Turismo reviews were done on the same day on the ACH, I remember those roads well.

View: https://youtu.be/Dq0W2mXMIdE

View: https://youtu.be/hvPbVQglYvU

View: https://youtu.be/UcCfuNCqXYw
Look familiar?

Screenshot_20220119-062208.jpg

Ha! Nice.

I probably would've stopped to ask one "DO U EVEN LIFT BRO?"

Since I have a MY2021(AA not yet supported) and use Android Auto, I opted to get the 2 piece Pro Clips phone mount and it works perfectly, just clips in the center console with friction and no sticky adhesives.

The other plus is I can run Android Auto media/Google Maps navigation as my default but can also run the Porsche nav simultaneously for public EV charging spots to precondition the battery for max charging speeds 👍🏼

FB_IMG_1643054201571.jpg

FB_IMG_1643054198914.jpg

FB_IMG_1643054204365.jpg

FB_IMG_1643054207015.jpg

Nice, so you have your own channel or work for a larger automotive journal?
I'm over at The Drive—mostly on social media at the moment, but moving back to writing as soon as they find someone else to tweet.

I'm over at The Drive—mostly on social media at the moment, but moving back to writing as soon as they find someone else to tweet.

Right on, I follow The Drive YouTube channel 👍🏼

They do good stuff.

Picked up 40A rated Tesla to J1772 plug adapter from Amazon (thanks to multiple gift card credit, paid $50 OOP), will find it useful in a few random situations.

FB_IMG_1643218832291.jpg

1. Have several friends who live 50-100 miles away all Tesla owners, who are more than willing to let me charge off their level 2 mobile charging cables if I need to throw some range back on the battery while visiting and hanging out.

2. There are several random public Tesla lvl 2 destination chargers in my area (most are set to their factory default 40A output setting) and best, Tesla has no means to make these pay stations so they are all free.

3. We have a spare Tesla mobile charging cable which is smaller lighter and less bulky than my Porsche Mobile connect charging cable which I can use at work to plug into their parking lot outlet

PSX_20220126_082653.jpg

PSX_20220126_082619.jpg

Nice that there's a solution for you to use Tesla chargers, same as it's possible with Type 2 cables over here. Their Destination Chargers over here are actually required to have at least one connector that'll charge any EV - usually there's only one that's coded to Tesla only, and several that are open to everyone.

We've also tried charging @ninjacoco's press Cross Turismo with my Model 3 mobile charger at the camping site last Ringmeet. However, since it's single-phase only, 3.7kW with the car "running" produced an abysmally low charge rate, so I didn't think we actually used that in practice. But it did work.

I think charging the Taycan might've been a little more intense than running an RV light, too, haha.

Picked up an AliExpress multimedia box that not only enables me to do wireless Android Auto, but also play various streaming services to the infotainment screen

android auto.jpeg

ApplePie1.jpeg

ApplePie2.jpeg

Oh that's brilliant getting Netflix on there.... :D

For anyone who wants to hear a little horror story:

After nearly 16 wks since my accident back in March (NOBODY INJURED, I was driving solo and this happened because a commercial truck hit my front end as I was trying to merge lanes at a traffic light) the long process between insurance claim adjusters, going to the shop for teardown, damage assessment, and the LONG wait for replacement parts from Europe, my Taycan is finally repaired and back on the road. 👍🏼
received_1292818237886848.jpeg

received_659959215245441.jpeg

received_2904337349865770.jpeg