Ownership Verified: My Porsche EV Wagen (2021 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S)

Back on my driveway and just in time for my new vanity plates 👍🏼

PSX_20220705_193529.jpg
PSX_20220705_193548.jpg

Wife went out of town (and took the Tesla with her) decided to park my car in the much larger half of the garage she normally parks and use the Tesla wall charger instead of my own to top up the Taycan battery.

PSX_20220716_114512.jpg

PSX_20220716_114558.jpg

Seconded.

PSX_20220716_220200.jpg

Yesterday was a weird day, saw not only one but THREE different Benz EQS 450+ on the same day. Guess it's selling better here than I thought. 🤔

PSX_20220716_215927.jpg

PSX_20220716_215708.jpg

I heard they were outselling the "regular" E class on a ridiculous level, so much so that they might have to cheapen the S class / make the EQS more expensive to balance things out and actually get rid of all the S's they're making.
I've seen a couple, and I like the smooth look, but there isn't really that much competition in that segment (no BMW 7 series/Audi A8/Jaguar alternatives). You could say a Model S is a competitor but to me, that not really a "luxury car".

I heard they were outselling the "regular" E class on a ridiculous level, so much so that they might have to cheapen the S class / make the EQS more expensive to balance things out and actually get rid of all the S's they're making.
I've seen a couple, and I like the smooth look, but there isn't really that much competition in that segment (no BMW 7 series/Audi A8/Jaguar alternatives). You could say a Model S is a competitor but to me, that not really a "luxury car".

You live in Europe, correct? IIRC the tax incentives and discounts for buying EVs ,even expensive luxury ones are even better for EU buyers than North American buyers who quality for a modest federal tax credit and maybe state tax credits or refunds depending on which state they live 🤔

I have only recently started seeing a few EQS in Norway. I guess they may be a bit too expensive for the average Norwegian buyer, so the EQE will probably be a bigger hit here. Meanwhile, in therms of premium German elektroautos, there are Taycans everywhere, particularly the Cross Turismo is popular here. Have not seen any of the Taycan Sport Turismo yet.

You live in Europe, correct? IIRC the tax incentives and discounts for buying EVs ,even expensive luxury ones are even better for EU buyers than North American buyers who quality for a modest federal tax credit and maybe state tax credits or refunds depending on which state they live 🤔
Indeed, but just like in America, the tax incentives vary wildly depending on where you live.
Most countries have a sort of cap on the price of the car, which is a logic that dictates : if you can afford a 100k€ Merc, you don't need a 1k€ incentive, so we're giving it to the guy who has a 20k second hand Leaf instead.

However, companies also get tax deductibility benefits for every EV leased /bought.
All Taycan drivers I've talked to were considering either a Panamera and then thought "tax deductible if it's an EV? Don't mind if I do"
Meh. It's better then the CEO driving an X5 "hybrid" because he's trying to be "green and all that"

Good to know, thanks for the detailed response 👍🏽

Big news for all current Taycan owners. A major software update is due that will bring all 2020 and 2021 cars up to software spec to the newest model years. Updated infotainment, better efficiency and battery management promising improved range and fast charging capability in the older model cars.

Also support for both wireless Apple Car Play and Android Auto for all models across the board 👍🏽

We made the mistake of not getting there until the event was about to start, by the time we arrived a mile long line of cars had already formed from the PEC entrance 🤔

2022-07-27_11-23-38.jpg

2022-07-27_11-23-49.jpg
2022-07-27_01-01-16.jpg

2022-07-27_01-01-42.jpg

Took us nearly an hr to finally make it inside .

2022-07-27_11-24-22.jpg

Got a new dashcam installed, important to do after my accident and something I should have done in the first place. Enlisted the help of a friend who owns an auto audio installation shop:

PSX_20220804_110341.jpg

PSX_20220804_124646.jpg

PSX_20220804_110309.jpg

Well, that looks great and I've 100% bookmarked that for my Mini.