Someone Else's Problem: My Summer Car - D-Fence's 2021 Z4 M40i (NOT A SUPRA)

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
Bus, Train, Bicycle, A 3 Pot Polo.
So, I was asked to make a thread despite this technically not being my car - it's a long term rental from April to October.
Since we probably wouldn't be able to travel far away thanks to Covid, the GF and me decided to drop vacation money on something that allows us to do nice day/weekend trips to Italy f.e..

So what is it?

It's a Misano Blue Z4 M40i - with the same B58 engine as Joe had in the M140i and Martin has in the M240i.

Almost fully loaded, picked it up with 9km on the Odometer, built to order for me. Now I can enjoy the nice smell of metal and plastic getting hot for the first time without a roof - great success.

Options:

Extended Shadowline
Harmann Kardon Sound
Adaptive LED Headlights
HUD
Navigation Professional
BMW Live Cockpit Professional
Memory all the things
Remote Access & Key Card
Parking Assistant professional (Rear view cam and automated parking)
Driving Assistant Professional (ACC with Start Stop etc)
Heated Seats etc.

Not much I didn't spec - heated steering wheel f.e., because I don't run it in the cold.

Trunk is reasonable (not my pic) for two people to go on a long weekend trip:

1618075506360.png

1q2jjh.jpg

25kkk5.jpg

3rskgd.jpg

4acjy9.jpg

57gjl1.jpg

6byjgh.jpg

DAMN RIGHT JUSTIN BIEBER! If you drive a Hairdressers car you need to do it right.

Also, the M40i now has option of "power used" instead of revs which is quite hilarous :D

Last edited:

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
TOTALLY A SUPRA

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
I love the colour. Not that it should come as a surprise...

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
Also, the M40i now has option of "power used" instead of revs which is quite hilarous :D
Borrowing from the British stablemates, eh? :)

1618132105652.png

Congrats on the purch... rental!

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus
congrats on the rental!

here is appropriate music:

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
So, first 200km B-Roads done.

- The top opening and closing is quite fast, especially coming from my E36. Works up to 50km/h.
- With the top down, there is much more air circulation in the cabin than in the E36, due to only small side windows up and no rear windows
- Engine is sweet as heck, noise especially in sport mode is great, also makes a nice turbo whistle when flooring it
- Traction is good as well, you get the occasional snaking from rear when flooring it on a bumpy road but feels very controllable.

What I missed completely and what slightly annoys me: ACC is only camera based and works "only" up to 160km/h. Thought it had radar like 3series and up as well.

Also, funny enough, with this car you get thumbs up and waves from other Z4s and some M3/M4 drivers as well :D

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
It's really amazing how kids react to this car. I have seen little kids pointing at the car or waving. It's almost like a bright blue car is much nicer and fun than the grey and black dullness on the roads 😁

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
It's really amazing how kids react to this car. I have seen little kids pointing at the car or waving. It's almost like a bright blue car is much nicer and fun than the grey and black dullness on the roads 😁

I had the same thing happen in the RS, teenagers pointing and jumping up and down with excitement. Was a bit disturbing actually 😂

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
Car(s)
'12 Fiat 500, '87 Mercury Colony Park
I had the same thing happen in the RS, teenagers pointing and jumping up and down with excitement. Was a bit disturbing actually 😂
With the Mercury I just have old men crowding it. Equally weird but in a different way. 😀

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus
I noticed that nobody posted this gem for this thread....