My Suzuki TM125 Restoration

napoleondyna

Car(s)
1966 MBZ 250SE (W108), 1987 BMW 535i (e28)
The bike used to belong to my dad and hes giving it to me after we finish restoring it. By we I mean hes helping with the hard parts but I plan on doing most of it myself. Here is a pic of what it will look like (Except the yellow parts will be black as you will see in the pics below this)
74_suzuki_tm125.jpg

And a bit of dreaming :D
EJ-YZ2501.jpg

Heres our (my) bike:
Feb-Beg-1.jpg

Feb-Beg.jpg

Feb-Beg-2.jpg

Since these were taken I have:
-Smoothed out and removed the forks (got rid of little rust pits)
-Removed the stems and cleaned all the ball bearings (old grease eww)
Ill take some new pics tomorrow. Stay tuned :)

Cool little project you have there! That looks like it's going to be a fun little bike once it's all done. It seems motorcycles are quickly gaining popularity around here.

Sweet, another bike restoration! :dance:

Have fun with that, that's gonna be a barrel of laughs once you finish it. I couldn't help noticing you're missing some parts though. :p

I might not have photographed all of it. It was all there before we disassembled it. I can't wait to get it done! One of the best parts about this bike is there isn't much in the way of electrics to deal with. Its a kick start with no lights at all. Not even a speedo :)

Great bike to restore. They are very easy to ride, and the engine likes abuse.

You know, I've just noticed that we both have the same Craftsman 53 piece socket wrench set. :D

You know, I've just noticed that we both have the same Craftsman 53 piece socket wrench set. :D

Virtual high five!
index_02.jpg

Here are some new pics:
Suzuki6-27-2007001.jpg

My smooth (to the touch) Shock absorbers. I'm thinking about getting those silly accordion shock covers to keep sand out. Good idea?
Suzuki6-27-2007004.jpg

Exhaust and chain (which is soaking in wd40. After sitting outside in the desert for over 15 years it needed some loosening up)
Suzuki6-27-2007003.jpg

Shiny Renthal handlebars (from the late 70s)
Suzuki6-27-2007002.jpg

Frame
Suzuki6-27-2007005.jpg

Gastank

Sorry for the long time between posts. I haven't got much done lately but I'll try to get some done tommorow.