Ownership Verified: My Tesla 75D is on a boat from Muricah :D

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
YES!! Finally my turn to own one of these bad boys :D

Some of you may remember that I purchased a brand new eGolf in late march this year and it has been a pleasure to own and drive that car. So, what happend? I rented a Model S for a week earlier this summer, that?s what happend..

So my brother has had a Model S since they first came out early 2013 and I have borrowed and driven it a lot since then but this time I actually got to see how it was to LIVE WITH one. Going back to my eGolf was no longer possible.

Also, Tesla has an 0.25% interest campaign going atm so it was easier to pull the trigger on one. I am inpatient as a person and did not want to fully spec my very own vehicle and wait months for it to be produced so I chose one that was already manufactured and on its way over the pond to Norway. Should be here between 2-6 weeks.

And here it is with specs: (I had to use the US-configurator to recreate my spec order)

It also has the Winter Package (heated seats and steering wheel etc)

Can?t friggn wait for it to arrive!!

Reactions: TC
Congratulations!! It's an excellent car to live with here in Norway. :D

:threadnopics:

Can't wait to see it! First of the new nose Teslas on the board!

Also, Tesla has an 0.25% interest campaign going atm so it was easier to pull the trigger on one.

What.

Oslo?

Congratulations!! It's an excellent car to live with here in Norway. :D

Thanks, yes I have been hammered with Tesla-preaching from my brother since he got his in 2013 :D Finally, I get my peace..

I don't believe it's yours (yet) :p

[video=youtube;8Bd-kXFsNrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bd-kXFsNrI[/video]

:lol: I don't have any yet :mrgreen: My order spec will have to do untill it arrives

Can't wait to see it! First of the new nose Teslas on the board!

Cool! That new nose really has me.. love it. And I really hated that dark plastic old one... eeeesh.

Bananas, right?

haz is alive!??! Where have you been?

hahahahahha.... I've been around ;)

Last edited:
Thanks, yes I have already had the pleasure of driving an EV here for some months and it has been a delight. Who can say the hate free parking, cheap luxury cars, dirt cheap road taxes, free toll booths and driving in the bus lane (with some rush traffic restrictions)?

Thanks, yes I have already had the pleasure of driving an EV here for some months and it has been a delight. Who can say the hate free parking, cheap luxury cars, dirt cheap road taxes, free toll booths and driving in the bus lane (with some rush traffic restrictions)?
That's what I figured as well. When it's time for me to get a car it will be an EV, unless I'm looking for something really special, aka. something just for the enjoyment/road trips etc..

I have driven my parent's Tesla many times, they had a Model S 85 from November 2013 until they took delivery of a Model X 90D very recently. (Replacement for the S 85, Range Rover, and my mom's '05 Yaris) My brother took delivery of an 85D (new face) last October. Having driven all of them many times over, I have to say that I don't see the point of having a daily driver with an internal combustion engine anymore. It's pretty much free to drive (The Tesla hasn't made a noticeable dent in their utility bill), as well as no road toll, free parking/charging, servicing is cheap.

So you didn't feel like going full retardludicrous and go for a P100D? :lol:

Last edited:
But how long are those perks going to last? Surely they're not indefinite. Eventually it simply won't be sustainable to offer all that to EV owners and things like tolls and road taxes will ramp back up, bus lanes will be closed off, and parking will be no longer be free.

But how long are those perks going to last? Surely they're not indefinite. Eventually it simply won't be sustainable to offer all that to EV owners and things like tolls and road taxes will ramp back up, bus lanes will be closed off, and parking will be no longer be free.
More of an incentive to be an early adopter then, and get the benefits while you can. In Norway they just voted to have the benefits extended to 2020, at least. Exemption from sales tax (25 %) will obviously go away, and eventually I think we will be looking at things like road pricing, where you pay depending on your annual mileage.

Contrary to popular belief, very few people buy them for the incentives here such as access to buslanes. They're the vocal minority. And outside of Oslo and Bergen city centers very few of those incentives actually has any value, and people are still buying shitloads of them. I drove to the store yesterday for ?20 in electricity - firing up the 8er for the trip would have cost ?3-4, and the van ?2-3. That's significant. And it's way faster and way more fun. I've done 5k km or so in it over three weeks and paid ?8 for electricity from providers, and maybe ?100 at home.

Incentives will stay for now, allthough some of them are being "softened up" like rush traffic restrictions (must be 2 people or more in the between 07-09 and 14-17 if you are riding in the bus lanes) and also toll boths now will rund EV owners 1 Euro as compared to free before (fossil fueled cars will also be added 1 Euro so it evens out). But the biggest incentive are that these EVs are tax excempt and will stay so for many years. But when the charge network for non-Tesla EVs will rise to the Tesla level - I think many more car owners will do the switch, included owners outside the main cities. EVs will just continue to get longer range which is also an argument for getting one if you live in the country side (which is most of Norway).

No third row? #disappointed.

:p

hehe thinking about the X?