My uber-sedan (E39 M5 content ITT)

cburke996

Car(s)
E39 M5
Hey all, just joined. Figured I'd post up my car, let me know what you think :D

It's an '01 M5, Titanium Silver with Imola Red/Black interior. I've had it for almost three years now, and I've put about 40,000 miles on her. She sits currently at around 104,000 miles.

Mods are...

Exhaust
Eisenmann Sport cans
Supersprint headers
Supersprint X-pipe

Suspension/brakes/handling:
BC Racing coilovers
Dinan adjustable rear swaybar
Stoptech ST-40 front bbk (355x32 mm 2 piece drilled rotors, 4 pot calipers from a Saleen :blink:)
9.5" wide OEM rear wheels all around with 275mm wide Dunlop Direzza Star-Specs

Engine/Driveline:
Cosmo Racing CAI, filters mounted behind fog light openings
Powerchip tune
Rogue Engineering V12 conversion clutch
JB racing light weight flywheel
Rogue Eng Short-shift kit

As far as cosmetic changes, all I've done was black out the kidney grilles, tint the windows, black out the lower rear bumper piece, black M5 trunk badge, install clear corner headlights, and of course its lowered.

PIC TIEM!!!

5396079421_a9bee092ff_b.jpg

DSC_0816 by cburke996, on Flickr

DSC_0881 by cburke996, on Flickr

DSC_0825 by cburke996, on Flickr

DSC_0818 by cburke996, on Flickr

DSC_1221 by cburke996, on Flickr

DSC_1199 by cburke996, on Flickr

DSC_0827 by cburke996, on Flickr

CIMG1628 2 by cburke996, on Flickr

She loves the snow!

CIMG0779 by cburke996, on Flickr

DSC_5733 by cburke996, on Flickr

DSC_5691 by cburke996, on Flickr

M5 Mallets bay HDR by cburke996, on Flickr

Oh man, I've got tons of pics but I'll end it there...for now :lol: Hope you all enjoy it!

-Connor

Last edited:
Nice car, but where is the proof picture?

^^Alright, I'll post one up soon enough.

haha yup, that's my baby! Took those one morning heading to Stowe for a day of skiing.

Last edited:
here's the exceptionally crappy pic I just took with my camera phone. Reads "WAZZAP FINAL GEAR -cburke996"

Burlington-20110508-00024.jpg

and 2 more :D

Picture116.jpg

Picture027-1.jpg

E39 M5. BMW at it's absolute best? Probably. That's a one nice car with tasty mods! :)

Nice car. I've always liked the E39 M5. I approve of most of the mods also, but the back looks like the suspension's collapsed. :lol:
I think this particular car has a perfect stance from the factory.

Nice car! When I am done with my E60 I am very tempted to try and find a well cared for E39.

You can't fault an E39 in any way.

Untill the cooling system blows up, or the camshaft timing sensor dies, or the front suspension bushings wear out.....

J/K, Nice car, I'm liking it's looks.

Relatively tasteful mods yes, although I'm (generally) not too fond of the lowered suspension. But that's a question of personal taste of course, and I'm a little weird.

The car itself, being an E39 M5, is just...well...massive thumbs up!

Like everyone else is saying, E39's are pure win. And that one is exceptionally clean. Nice ride, man.

That is exceptional amounts of win right there. Well done to you Sir!

I will have a E39 at some point in my life. Its a given, best car BMW made hands down. Alex Roy glamourised this car for me and now its an eternal picture in my mind. I must buy one.

Excellent car, best BMW ever made IMHO. I'm hoping to pick one up one day, although the reliability woes have been scaring me off a bit. How's the reliability been for you?