My Volvo 244 Turbo Project

nice

is that you in the pic?

cant see pics :(

Nope, its a friend who helped me transport the car.

It seems my site is down atm in case anyone is wondering where the pics are.
<3 cheap webhosting :mad:
Edit: I just remembered I got a mail about this.. It'll be down for at least a couple of hours because they are moving the server to a different place, or something like that.

Last edited:
Cool! I think I'm gonna update my project as well :) .

Very nice project. :)

Where exactly in Northern Sweden do you live?

Might come over for a test ride. :tease:

Very nice project. :)

Where exactly in Northern Sweden do you live?

Might come over for a test ride. :tease:
In the middle between Jokkmokk and Boden :) You're welcome for a test ride once it's finished ;)

Those are some very good welds. Great work there.
Thanks, it seems my friend knows what he's doing yea :)

And an update :)

The right side is as good as done. What remains is the wheel arches but we can't do anything about those until we know where the tires will end up. And we need to add rust prevention stuff, but we'll do that once the other side is done.

Meanwhile I'm working on the new engine..

So here it is..

Empty

Contents

Some sandblasted stuff

And some painted stuff, not finished yet

I bought some new steel brushes and got rid of most of the old paint

And today I could start painting the block! The waterpump and cover are only there for masking bits that shouldnt be painted, in case anyone wonders.

While the paint was drying I started ripping some parts I need off a dead engine

... Which has been laying outside for 2 years ;) Luckily I don't need the camshaft :p

In the middle between Jokkmokk and Boden :) You're welcome for a test ride once it's finished ;)

I've been to Jokkmokk, fancy name for a place, really. Moose river or something?

Nice roads anyway, in the summer. :) No problem cruising at high speeds, we drove through the whole "kommune" for a day, didn't meet more than to-three cars. :p

I've been to Jokkmokk, fancy name for a place, really. Moose river or something?

Nice roads anyway, in the summer. :) No problem cruising at high speeds, we drove through the whole "kommune" for a day, didn't meet more than to-three cars. :p
I think it means something like "river bend".
The roads are wide and empty ;) Altho the quality of them could be better in some places.

Grrrrrr cant see pics again :(

I think it means something like "river bend".
The roads are wide and empty ;) Altho the quality of them could be better in some places.

Ever driven in Norway, mate?

:tease:

Doesn't "jokk" mean moose?

Ever driven in Norway, mate?

:tease:

Doesn't "jokk" mean moose?

Apparently jokk means river, altho I have no idea really.. Its Samic and I don't speak that :)
Actually I was in Norway last summer, we drove up to Nordkapp. I don't recall any really bad roads actually. It was just windy and rainy as hell up there, that's all I remember ;)

Edit: As for the pics, they should work again. I bought a dedicated server yesterday and forgot to start the nameserver <_<

Yay pics worky :D . Nice, cant wait to see it working again! And that camshaft :| :|

Here's some more pics of the engine.
The block is now painted on the other side as well so I put on some of the mounts to see how it looked. This red+silver combo is pretty sexy I think :)

Now I'm looking for a place that can lighten the flywheel, balance the crankshaft, and weigh the pistons/rods. Once I get that done I can actually put the whole engine together again.

Sorry for the crappy quality, I didn't have my cam with me so I had to use my phone..

Oh, and I'm sure someone noticed the pics were gone again for almost a whole day.. But now they're back for good :) I got the server reinstalled and put on a 100 mbit port instead of a 10 mbit. That should speed things up a bit :)

Last edited:
Some new pics :)
Sorry, can't be bothered to write any descriptions right now ;)

The engine has an amazing look now!

Yeah, its gonna be lovely :thumbsup: