My Volvo 244 Turbo Project

Bah what are you talking about all of the welding I have seen on this project have been top notch.
volvoslag.png

^i realy hope you get to donate some organs soon, caus you're a fucking loser

get out of here until you A) show you can weld better, B) are rebuilding a car of your own, and C) show some respect for the things someone else is doing

A) Shut up. B) If he doesn't want my constructive criticism, he'll say so. C)In my original post, notice I said that aside from the welds, it is a cool project.

D)Chris Bangle sucks cock.

Iirc he had just been working on that part when I took that pic, so it wasnt finished yet.
My friend knows what he's doing when it comes to welding and I think he did a very good job and didn't take any shortcuts. And if not then he knows he's going to have to weld the same shit again in a couple of years ;)

Iirc he had just been working on that part when I took that pic, so it wasnt finished yet.
My friend knows what he's doing when it comes to welding and I think he did a very good job and didn't take any shortcuts. And if not then he knows he's going to have to weld the same shit again in a couple of years ;)
I take it you see i didn't mean any disrespect, I was just pointing out something i noticed.

A) Shut up. B) If he doesn't want my constructive criticism, he'll say so. C)In my original post, notice I said that aside from the welds, it is a cool project.

D)Chris Bangle sucks cock.

He he he...Bone? I think you're in for a lot of this for your Mod-given caption... :lol:

Nice :)
Do i see a 262C grille there? And obviously a 16V engine :) More info about your car would be cool!

Anyway, the only thing I've done since the car got back is figure out why it was having so much trouble starting in cold weather.. Turns out the cold start injector never opened because the "thermo time sensor" is fucked. I got a couple of spare ones but all of them are a bit worn out, ugly that is. I want it to look nice obviously for the new engine, but it turns out this thing costs around 200 USD! So I'll probably be using the best looking used one I can find because its pretty well hidden below the intake manifold anyway. But that price, I figured maybe $30-40!

Also I bought myself a nice flywheel :mrgreen:
It weighs about 4.5 kg (10 lbs), which is like nothing compared to the standard 9.5 kg or something. This flywheel in combination with the sintered clutch should ensure the car will be pretty much undrivable for most ppl :lol:

When is the car going in to paint and how how power do you will think it will have and will you put in a six speed?

P.S. Sorry for all the questions just really interested

I don't know when it's going to be painted yet.. I'm still waiting for a word from the painter. But hopefully before spring comes :)

As for power, I'm aiming for somewhere between 250-300 BHP to start with. I'm going to try with the stock gearbox first (4 gears + overdrive) and see how it handles it. If it breaks I'm going to have to find some alternative and I'm not sure what yet. People are putting in Supra and BMW gearboxes, or an M90 but we'll see!

I just love these "home made - projects"... snq, min skandinaviske ven, you're the swedish version of Mark Evans, that guy on Discovery Channel who is behind the "A car/motorcycle/chopper is born"

I just love these "home made - projects"... snq, min skandinaviske ven, you're the swedish version of Mark Evans, that guy on Discovery Channel who is behind the "A car/motorcycle/chopper is born"
Hehe, tack!
I wouldn't go as far as calling myself the scandinavian Mark Evans, but I do really like his shows. The latest series with the MG restoration really got me inspired to start working on the turbo :)
Afaik that was also his last series, unfortunately.

I like his shows aswell :) Watch them all the time.. If you lived a bit closer to denmark, i would have rented some space in your garage, so i could work on my golf :) If you ofcourse would let me rent some space.. ;)

Hej snq. This project finally convinced me to register, its awesome. I have just been to Jokkmokk a few days ago, to bad I didn't read about this before the trip. Maybe I'll go up again now ;-)
btw I'm not swedish, I only do some studies for one year.

Edit: some proof:
polcirkeln.jpg

Last edited:
Nice flywheel! BTW fuck flywheels... :( Check out my thread for the answer.

Last edited:
Hej snq. This project finally convinced me to register, its awesome. I have just been to Jokkmokk a few days ago, to bad I didn't read about this before the trip. Maybe I'll go up again now ;-)
btw I'm not swedish, I only do some studies for one year.

Edit: some proof:
polcirkeln.jpg
Hehe, you're welcome to come and see the car.. And help me scrape off old paint or some other boring job :p
You must've passed thru my village on the way to Jokkmokk, it's about 80 km before Jokkmokk on road 97, the main tourist attraction being the gas station :mrgreen:

Anyway I might as well write a small update..

I removed the rear windshield a couple of days ago because I need to sand around it, and the rubber seal needs to be changed. When I had that done, I could lower the inner roof a bit and see what was up with the plastic thingy on the roof which I assumed was som kind of special antenna, because there was an antenna cable going there.. You can see it on this old pic below, the black triangle shaped thingy in the middle close to the rear windshield.
It turned out the antenna cable was just another loose cable and the plastic thingy was just to cover up the hole where there once has been an antenna. I don't listen to radio anyway and all other antenna holes are already welded closed, so this thing has to go.
Now the problem is you can't weld in this roof because the metal is too thin and it'll become ugly. So I'm looking for some kind of glue that works good for metal on metal, so I can glue a metal plate on the inside of the roof and fill the rest up with filler. The antenna hole is only about half an inch in diameter, so I think that should work. It'd be really nice to get rid of that thing, because everyone asks me wtf it is for ;)

Other than that, now that I got the windshield out anyway, I'm gonna change the inner roof to one that's in better shape. This roof has some small cracks. And it's supposed to be a pretty easy job.

The engine project is kind of standing still atm.. I bought a refurbished alternator and contacted a company that'll do the balancing for me, but for that I first need to get the clutch out of the car. The price was pretty okay, about $300 for balancing and weighing everything. Weighing the pistons and rods is about $100 of those $300 and I could do it myself, but at least they know what they are doing so I'll have them do it to avoid problems ;)

img_2506.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe, you're welcome to come and see the car.. And help me scrape off old paint or some other boring job :p
You must've passed thru my village on the way to Jokkmokk, it's about 80 km before Jokkmokk on road 97, the main tourist attraction being the gas station :mrgreen:
If I happen to be really bored and happen to have enough money for 2400km, I might as well. But for scraping off paint? However I could state to have worked on a swedish project car afterwards :)

desidet what colour you going to make it yet?