My Volvo 940 LT

TopGearer

Car(s)
1995 Volvo 940 LT
Oh well, I thought I'd just post a few pictures of my car and some info if someone is interested.

It's my 2nd car, my first car was a Volvo 850 GLT with the 2.5L 170hp engine. A looker :cool:;

6216_1193579281679_1294327447_30563.jpg

6216_1193579241678_1294327447_30563.jpg

But I sold it as it started to piss me off with all the services, and it was no fun in the snow (I live in Norway, so skidding in the snow is almost a winter sport here).
So I ended up buying a 1995 Volvo 940 LT (low-pressure turbo) which is rear wheel drive, which I'm very pleased with ;)

Engine: B230FK 135HP (Will be chipped and turbo-psi clocked from 0.3 to 0.9) So I hope to get around 200HP out of it.
Transmission: M90 (manual)
Rear diff: Open

First night I got it, looked kinda shabby.
10965_1292109184865_1294327447_3087.jpg

10965_1292111944934_1294327447_3087.jpg

How it looks inside
IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

First thing I did was buy some new rims, 17" Eiker E1
IMG_0142.jpg

Fitting the tyres
IMG_0155.jpg

End result
24202_1439508989768_1294327447_3125.jpg

Gave the car a wash when I got home
IMG_2300.jpg

"Re-newed" my grill, with a new blue emblem from the 2000 Volvo S40
IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Then I bought a rear wing, also called the "R-wing" from the 850 T-5R.
IMG_2372.jpg

Tried fitting it before spraying it with paint
IMG_0192.jpg

Finished. Not a good picture, I never really got to taking much pictures of it.
IMG_0026.jpg

60112_1624394091780_1294327447_31726927_3473099_n.jpg

That's how my Volvo looks so far. Next on my list is getting it closer to the ground, without losing drive quality. I'm also going for a rear diff locking system, which only locks up to a certain speed, but that's not happening yet moneywise. Still easy to get up snowy slopes :p

And of course I did a burnout with it the day i got my new rims :p

So that's my car.. I'm only 20 years old and cars are very expensive in Norway, so don't bash it :lol:

Last edited:
I love it. It's awesome! Since you had the 850 with 170hp, and now this with a lot less...does it actually feel slower?

I love it. It's awesome! Since you had the 850 with 170hp, and now this with a lot less...does it actually feel slower?

Thanks mate! :D The 940 is a bit slower than the 850, but it's just a whole different feeling having the rear-wheel drive and turbo helping you along.

Turbobricks! <3

Looks great. I've always heard the RWD Volvos were rock solid.

Looks great. I've always heard the RWD Volvos were rock solid.

Thanks m8 :) Yeah, for being a 1995 model it's pretty solid, crash it into an other car from 1991-1995 and I'm pretty sure the Volvo will do good :p

Looks great!

And I'm not just saying that because I love Volvos.

Thanks, it's not perfect but good enough :) You got a yellow T5-R? In my small town there's two of them, see them driving everyday. Beautiful cars.

Unfortunately I don't have one:(. I really with I did. It will most likely be my next car, all I need is some money. Seeing as how they're a bit hard to find here, so I've decided to import one. NettiAuto is such an awesome site.

Last edited:
I really do need a turbo-brick at some point in my life. Preferably early! ;)

Nice car! :D

Nice box of sexy brickness :D

Love the Eiker E1s, they look great.

Thanks thanks ;) Yeah, the Eiker rims really fit the car :)

Unfortunately I don't have one:(. I really with I did. It will most likely be my next car, all I need is some money. Seeing as how they're a bit hard to find here, so I've decided to import one. NettiAuto is such an awesome site.

Yeah, I'm planning on getting one of those aswell in the future. In Norway there's actually a big quantity of T5-R's on the road, you always find one on the net for sale.

I really do need a turbo-brick at some point in my life. Preferably early! ;)

Nice car! :D

Yeah, old turbo volvos are great! Durable, easy to fix, and rear wheel drive ;)
Thanks alot :D

And of course I did a burnout with it the day i got my new rims :p

It's the only way!!

Reminds me, any time I got new tires I'd do a burnout. Sometimes the tire shop guys would request a burn out right then and there.

-Robert

Last edited:
I don't believe it's yours.

Not because I hate Volvos and hope no one would ever go out and buy one, just that the proof-pic is missing. :tease:

Also, besides being a hateworthy pile of Swedish metalwork intended for the middle-classed family of five, it does look pretty handsome. Probably makes for a comfortable cruise as well?

Last edited:

Sheesh, you made me go take a pic of my dirty car :(

IMG_0040.jpg

It's the only way!!

Reminds me, any time I got new tires I'd do a burnout. Sometimes the tire shop guys would request a burn out right then and there.

-Robert

Haha, yes it's the only way :D I was buying new tires so I just had to do a burnout in the old tires :p
I don't believe it's yours.

Not because I hate Volvos and hope no one would ever go out and buy one, just that the proof-pic is missing. :tease:

Also, besides being a hateworthy pile of Swedish metalwork intended for the middle-classed family of five, it does look pretty handsome. Probably makes for a comfortable cruise as well?

It's mine ;) It's very comfortable, so was my old Volvo 850. I spent an whole weekend driving an old 90's Mitsubishi Lancer estate and it was like heaven going back to the 940 :p But it's a bit too high for my taste, so I will get it lower to the ground. Hopefully without spoiling road comfort.

But it's a bit too high for my taste, so I will get it lower to the ground. Hopefully without spoiling road comfort.

DO TAKE CARE doing that. I very nearly (some might say I very much did) destroyed the comfort-value of my W124, trying to lower it "a bit". Imo keep the comfort and good cruise.

DO TAKE CARE doing that. I very nearly (some might say I very much did) destroyed the comfort-value of my W124, trying to lower it "a bit". Imo keep the comfort and good cruise.

I know, it's a difficult job for sure. I fear that when I get to lowering the car i will miss the comfort and might go back to normal springs and shocks. But i'm doing a bit of a survey on some volvo forums and i believe in the end i will find a set that suits me :)

And thanks for the comment, means alot ;)