Ownership Verified: My wife's new shopping trolley (2014 Clio)

"Honey, I think we're almost out of stroopwafels. I'll go buy some. Bye!"

Last edited:
I justified buying myself a crazy little toy by putting my wife's name on all the papers. She can drive it sometimes as well!

FTFY.

:tease:

Reactions: MWF
Congrats, very nice car!
Love the colour.

Why no Dacia? Because the Renault is classy, for starters...:mrgreen:

Lovely! I really like the looks of the new Clio. Especially in a flashy colour.
How are you and your wife liking the TCe?

Lovely little engine if you give it some motivation. Interesting to hear they made boot closing handles usable! As the guy who bought one and had second thoughts I appoint you my official reporter on the Clio, let us know how you and the family get along with it. It's a charming little car!

Lovely! I really like the looks of the new Clio. Especially in a flashy colour.
How are you and your wife liking the TCe?

Well, since I've been driving a rental one for the past 4.5 months, I can tell you that I like it. It prefers mid to high rev range, it needs at least 3000rpm to properly come alive. The turbo gives a nice, noticeable shove and keeps going to the redline. And it does all of it in relative peace and quiet, whether or not that's due to insulation or just a quiet engine, nfc.

Lovely little engine if you give it some motivation. Interesting to hear they made boot closing handles usable! As the guy who bought one and had second thoughts I appoint you my official reporter on the Clio, let us know how you and the family get along with it. It's a charming little car!

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that they had changed the shape of the handles to one that is actually useful for closing the boot.

We're already planning some modifications, going to check with the dealer how much they want for the installation of sill guards, to protect the rear door sills from little girls' feet who still need to stand on the sills to get into the car. List price is apparently ?60 for them, installed.
W're also looking into some new summer wheels, to be purchased some time in the fall, so the current (rather bland) stock wheels will serve winter duty. Our Current Fancy is with 16" Enkei Yamato in gunmetal:
enkei_yamato_matt_gunmetal.jpg

Last edited:
And one final point. y u no dacia?
Because Dacia... :rolleyes:

It took so long, because new tax rules for company cars came into effect starting January 1, which meant that in the last couple months a lot of these small economical cars were sold. A couple brands had the best few months in ages. This meant that even though we ordered in Oct, we had to wait quite a while because there were a lot of people in line before us. Besides, it's worth the wait.
And I think they might have actually WALKED the car to the dealer. Took a month to get there after production was completed...

- - - Updated - - -

I love the color. Not a fan of the silver on the steeriong wheel though. :)
It looks better IRL than it does on the pics

And speaking of pics, I have to credit my sweet 5-year old for making the close-up pics at the dealer :D

Because Dacia... :rolleyes:

And speaking of pics, I have to credit my sweet 5-year old for making the close-up pics at the dealer :D

Seriously? That girl has potential indeed! :)

I like it. Good second car, that. Unless it catches fire. Which it will. :)

After almost 4 years and 100,000km of VERY uneventful (three services and a warranty replacement for the front door seals) driving, we just ordered its replacement, due to arrive in late April.

I've seen quite a few of these rolling around and I like the looks of this new Clio! Much more than the new Megane.

So how much space is there for shopping bags?