Ownership Verified: My wife's new shopping trolley (2014 Clio)

Adunaphel

Angrily shouting at Klauwds
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Cube²
Well, it's been a long time in the making (we inked the contract on Oct 28 last year), but today we finally took delivery of my wife's new car, a brand spanking new Renault Clio Tce 90 Expression in smurf blue (actually, Bleu de France), with chrome accents and silver accents in the interior, all of which are part of the Pack Introduction. It's basically the same spec as the rental I've been driving since early Oct, with different colours and accents. There's not much to add from the review of that one, except that a few niggles have been fixed in the mean time, like the hand grips in the bootlid that are now actually useful for closing it.

And now, pictures.
Clio_1024-2251.jpg

Clio_1024-2252.jpg

Clio_1024-2253.jpg

Clio_1024-2254.jpg

Clio_1024-2213.jpg

Clio_1024-2239.jpg

Clio_1024-2218.jpg

Clio_1024-2249.jpg

Clio_1024-2256.jpg

Clio_1024-2257.jpg

Clio_1024-2258.jpg

Clio_1024-2259.jpg

Clio_1024-2260.jpg

The very little side windows behind the rear doors look... indeed very little. Do they - or rather, does the passenger side one - actually improve rear-quarter visibility?

Also, most important bit of kit: Brodit. :D

If it is a proper turbo; ROADTRIP. But it isn't. So meh.

Still; I like this (and this colour) more than I should. Actually no. Renaults are awesome. Always have been.

And one final point. y u no dacia?

If it is a proper turbo; ROADTRIP. But it isn't. So meh.

Why isn't it a proper turbo? It's a 898cc turbo three pot with 90hp. Still won't do roadtrip though, takes too long, and there's kids we need to take care of as well.

Still; I like this (and this colour) more than I should. Actually no. Renaults are awesome. Always have been.

And one final point. y u no dacia?

We no Dacia a) because the deal on this Renault was just too good; b) The Dacia is a fair bit smaller on the inside; c) The Dacia is just too boring, it's meh.

Looks good and yes, definitely Smurf Blue! :p
I like the flush rear door handles and styling, but have not seen (or noticed) the lower door / sill lines before, which looks good I think. Does this have a function or is it just styling?

.. oh and the gear knob needs a big yellow smilie face. :smile:

Last edited:
Congrats. :) But why did it take Renault so long to bang a Clio together? Almost 4 months?

4 months! I would be anxious...

Also, that's a nice color and I bet it must be a very capable grocery getter/kid hauler.
:thumbsup:

It took so long, because new tax rules for company cars came into effect starting January 1, which meant that in the last couple months a lot of these small economical cars were sold. A couple brands had the best few months in ages. This meant that even though we ordered in Oct, we had to wait quite a while because there were a lot of people in line before us. Besides, it's worth the wait.

Last edited:
Wow its huge, also could they have made the Renault badge on the front any bigger? :D Looks lovely though. New "small" cars are so much more than what you got 10-15 years ago.

Yeah, great colour! :) I didn't know they offer that shade of blue in non-RS models.

Well it looks great - would not buy one myself, but thats because I like 2+ ltre Diesels. Solid cars.

Funny, we traded a big 2+ litre diesel for this one :)

We're also really chuffed with how the colour turned out. We had only brochures and paint chips to go on, there wasn't a single one in this colour anywhere to be found. And judging from the salesman's words who handled the delivery, this was the first one he had seen in that colour. Almost all the Clios I see on the road are some form of grey, black, or white, with the occasional red one. I've seen one yellow one, and this is the first blue one I've seen.

Red fits the Clio as well.

Gratz on the Clio