N?rburgring Cocomeet - Aug. 27-30 - (THIS WEEKEND ZOMG YOU GUYS)

I'm at home again. The meeting consisted of waiting for the track to open and coco to arrive (the two things did not go together), sitting in a Cactus, driving some twisties, looking at parked cars and the empty track and having dinner.
It was nice meeting you, coco! Hope you're enjoying your time in Germany, even with the lack of 944s... :)

The track closed for an accident literally the second she finally drove into the entrance area and didn't reopen...hope she'll have more luck tomorrow morning!

LeMons didn't seem to mind the idea of a Ford Ka.

How do we get that sucker to 'Murica?

Edit...thinking about it:

I you take care of the shipping and find out the legal stuff I'd deliver it to your doorstep! :D

Last edited:
I you take care of the shipping and find out the legal stuff I'd deliver it to your doorstep! :D
If Coco pays the bill, Adrian and I between us should have the shipping part covered.

Just wondering how it works...is it even possible to import the car? It isn't too be road registered anyways I think.

Drive it through the US on German plates and then just leave it there! ?

I wish we had 24 Hours of LeMons here. :(

Drive it through the US on German plates and then just leave it there! ?
Export plates should technically be valid. Mercedes Law means it can never be registered there, but that should not stop it from being used on track.

I keep thinking I'd need it caged to do the whole export thing for competition use. Otherwise, they'd wonder "why are you bringing this over?"

Need to study details. I don't think it's old enough.

I keep thinking I'd need it caged to do the whole export thing for competition use. Otherwise, they'd wonder "why are you bringing this over?"

Perhaps this Wikipedia quote will persuade them:

"Besides the styling, the Ka, like its sister cars Fiesta and Puma, was lauded in the motoring press for its handling. Under Richard Parry-Jones' supervision, the suspension and steering settings allowed for hard cornering and high levels of grip, providing strong handling characteristics."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit...thinking about it:

Hmmmm. If I can figure out the costs...what year is the Ka? Any pics? This seems like a thing that should happen.
If Coco pays the bill, Adrian and I between us should have the shipping part covered.

$$$$? PM details to coco? Heh.

I'll figure out the details of the car, it doesn't belong to me but I could have it for free. I'll also make some pictures this weekend. It's burgundy red, not the flashiest of colours. I think it's a 1998 car.

The thing wrong with it is a worn camshaft. I would take care of fixing that but in the end it will cost me the same (around 250 ?) as to get another running one. So if you're out for another colour that could be arranged. There was a light blue that stood out. Possible years would be 1996 to 2008.

Proper racing roll cages are around 800? I think. What would be needed?

$$$$? PM details to coco? Heh.
Let's wait for Adrian to chime in, but shipping Lucille from New York City was something like $1500 including customs etc etc. Might be less for a smaller car.