Name some 'people's cars' from each nation...

If only all of them where as good as the SHO pictured.

And they're so affordable. I think I need to do some research on them.. I need to find out how (un)reliable they are.

I personally think this should be the people's car for England:

url

:)

^ Holy crap. Thats insanely tight.

I could lay down and take a nap in my Legacy's engine bay. No thanks, Ford.

Go look at a pic of the engine bay and then consider something as simple as a spark plug change.

Yea the engine can be a bit troublesome. From personal experience they are pretty reliable, but no one likes working on them (they were based off of a boat engine).

Avoid the V8s however, Yamaha dropped the ball on those ones.

I would take a 2nd or 3rd gen, but after looking at them for a while I don't think I would feel confident with it driving back and forth to school (3-3.5 hours). Then again I can't afford anything right now, beggars can't be choosers. :rolleyes:

/eyeballs 95 Impreza in great condition for $1600 <_<

There were two people's cars in Poland. Both from the 70s, I think :p

Fiat 126p
55a97784adf81e72med.jpg

Fiat 125
11962338237248515.jpg

Current best selling car - Skoda Fabia
skoda_fabia_2007_2.jpg

Last edited:
In Czech Republic during the communism era (till 1989), this car was a bestseller. Skoda 105/120/130 (well, except for Lada from Russia and couple of Fiat which were made in Poland and Trabant/Wathburg from eastern Germany, ordinary people couldn't buy anything else...):
120l.jpg

Before the lovely 120, there was a Skoda 1000MB and Skoda 100. After the 120 there was a Favorit, Felicia and Fabia. Nowadays, the best selling cars are Skoda Fabia II (nearly 50 % of its segment) and Skoda Octavia II (again 45 %). The rest of the market are just present cars from pretty much every car manufacturers.

For the us... maybe the Chevy Nova or the Ford Mustang?

69novass%20019.jpg

The mustang was meant to be a secretary's car. Not a race car.

65-coupe-red-mustang-front.JPG

Is that a slightly altered Suzuki Swift? Do they sell the Swift there also?

Heh, I just realised that these are actually similiar, from this perspective, but Skoda is completely different car.

I think they sell Swift in whole Europe including the beautiful country where I live :)

I just had look at a Swift and can see where its different, gess I should've checked before posting. But they do have similarities.

Suzuki has (or is building) a factory in eastern Europe, I thought it might have been a re-badging. Funny thing is, the 3 door is only available in Europe, not even in Japan. Europeans must love 3 doors.

The v6 mustang was meant to be a secretary's car. Not a race car.

[/QUOTE]

Fixed. :)

The v6 mustang was meant to be a secretary's car. Not a race car.

Fixed. :)[/QUOTE]

A mustang? really?

Looking at other nations classic 'peoples cars' i got the feeling they were cheap, affordable, widely available cars geared towards single, married, families, young and old.

The Mustang doesnt really seem to fall under that definition. Never struck me as much of a 'family' car. correct me if im wrong.

A mustang? really?

Looking at other nations classic 'peoples cars' i got the feeling they were cheap, affordable, widely available cars geared towards single, married, families, young and old.

The Mustang doesnt really seem to fall under that definition. Never struck me as much of a 'family' car. correct me if im wrong.

Not necessary a family car, but it sold a crap ton to mostly young 20 somethings, and it was cheap.

A mustang? really?

The US never needed a "family people's car" like any of the other car-producing nations. For more of my (supported with facts!) opinion, look on the first page of this thread.

Suzuki has (or is building) a factory in eastern Europe, I thought it might have been a re-badging. Funny thing is, the 3 door is only available in Europe, not even in Japan. Europeans must love 3 doors.

The factory is located in Hungary, it has already been working for about 3 years.

Hey, we're talking real life and not TV-Series in here! :)

:lol:

Seriously though, the Cortina was huge here, and not just in Life On Mars. My dad had a Cortina GT in the same colour as Gene Hunt's car, with a vinyl roof and everything.

James May said himself in his 20th Century series that this was the first British car that made people want to drive for fun in this country. I can't personally think of many British cars from that time that would be fun to drive.