NASA Wants to Pay You $17,000

Mally Dangerous

NASA wants to get you in bed, and if that wasn't luring enough, she wants to pay you $17,000 for 90 days. Sadly, there is no French lingerie involved: their Bed Rest Project wants to study the effect of long-term microgravity in humans, putting you in a sightly-tilted bed, with your head down and feet up:

Participants will live in a special research unit for the entire study and be fed a carefully controlled diet. After the first 11 to 15-day period, participants will spend 90 days lying in bed, (except for limited times for specific tests) with their body slightly tilted downward (head down, feet up). Every day, they will be awake for 16 hours and lights out (asleep) for 8 hours. During the bed rest time they will also take part in a number of tests to find out changes in the state of their bone, muscle, heart and circulatory system, and nervous system, as well as their nutritional condition and their ability to fight off infections.
NASA Story

You would feel like shit on Day 91.

Are they accepting Canadian citizens of obscure Middle Eastern heritage? 'cause this is right up my alley, seeing as how I sleep most of the day.

Id feel like shit on day 1

edit: why go public with this and not get family members or something to do it

I would guess that noone not desperate would wilfully spend 90 days lying strapped in a bed in the most godaweful position. Lying dormant in bed 16 hours a day not beeing able to move while being tested on like a lab animal. After the 90 days your body and muscle has withered away and you have to spend your nice 17000$ on rehab as you can't stand up anymore. You would look like that sloth guy from Se7en.

Do I at least get to watch TV or something? Jesus.

I cannot lie in an angle with my face down for more than 5 minutes before pissing off and go bonkers on the one who made me do that. So 90 days?

I wonder if this is a test on the human body or the human mind. Seriously.

What about bedsores and breakdown? How do you go to the bathroom? Can you lay on your side? Will I get to use the internet, tv, PS3, ect? Am I allowed to move around on the bed or must I be Jabba The Hut all day? Will there be a hot nurse with big boobs giving sponge baths and happy endings?

All I need to know to know I don't want to do this.

.....putting you in a sightly-tilted bed, with your head down and feet up
That for 90 whole days!!! No F-ing way!!! :no:

^ Well that's a completely different test, isn't it. :lol:

Wow, I definitely would go nuts after a few hours. No thanks.

90 days is a long friggin time. That's longer than the entire summer in Michigan!

I'm trying and failing to say something funny and witty.