NASCAR

The writing is on the wall for Dodge. When asked about it, they mentioned their racing programs and Nascar was only mentioned once or twice. With their only shot at winning consistently moving on, they either have to entice another big team to come aboard or they're out of Nascar within 3 years.

Apparently a spokesperson from RPM stated that several manufacturers have been in talks with them about switching cars, including one unnamed manufacturer who isn't in NASCAR currently. Let the speculation begin.

I doubt it's gonna be Nissan. I've also heard Volvo, though. Seeing as they're owned by Ford, it's not too big a stretch.

I doubt it's gonna be Nissan. I've also heard Volvo, though. Seeing as they're owned by Ford, it's not too big a stretch.

I know nothing about NASCAR but Volvo isn't owned by Ford anymore.

Don't write him off yet. It's a long season, after all...

That's true, but -23 points = 70 points behind Kenseth. Kenseth isn't exactly a shit driver, unless he finishes 20th or worse in the next five races.

My Chase drivers (in no order): Stewart, Hamlin, Edwards, Junior, Kenseth, Biffle, Harvick, Kyle Busch, Keselowski, Newman, Menard (Wild Card) and McMurray.

Mathematically eliminated: Johnson, Gordon, Kurt Busch, the rest of the start-and-parkers, and Danica.

That's true, but -23 points = 70 points behind Kenseth. Kenseth isn't exactly a shit driver, unless he finishes 20th or worse in the next five races.

My Chase drivers (in no order): Stewart, Hamlin, Edwards, Junior, Kenseth, Biffle, Harvick, Kyle Busch, Keselowski, Newman, Menard (Wild Card) and McMurray.

Mathematically eliminated: Johnson, Gordon, Kurt Busch, the rest of the start-and-parkers, and Danica.

Danica is not officially entered into the Cup, so she is inelligable for points. Her points total is 0 and will remain that way.

Ah, I forgot about that. :)

Mark Martin won the pole for the Cup race; I doubt he'll stay up front though.

Last edited:
Stop the presses:

[video=youtube;O79Rh6-iHrQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O79Rh6-iHrQ[/video]

So I just caught the last 20 laps of the Texas race. They really went overboard with embracing twitter after the whole Keselowski Daytona 500 thing, didn't they? I'm not sure if it's a good thing, keeping current and relevant, or if I should go all oldmangetoffmylawn and be annoyed by it. Everytime one of the commentators would talk, it would display their name as well as their twitter address. :-|

Today's truck race was more exciting than the Texas Sprint Cup Festival of ZZZZZZZZ.

I miss Cup racing at The Rock.