NBA '10 Playoffs Thread

Yeah, looks like the Suns won't realistically have a chance of beating the Lakers anymore. Lakers vs Celtics shall be epic.

unamused.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!!!!!! ORLANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After their dismal performance in game 3, they came back with a vengeance to avoid a sweep. Now they just have to win another in Orlando and they're right back into the series! :D

Nelson and Howard were pretty weak throughout the first 3 games, but today were playing their A game. Unlike the Cavaliers, the Magic didn't just give up.

I'm so proud! :cry: :D

Last edited:
You know, I'll be really happy if you guys can pull of just two more. Out of my fondness for the Magic I won't say I hope Boston pulls through, but I'm with you on making it a real series for sure. :mrgreen:

Well, I'm happy that I was wrong about the Suns. They made this a series again.

The way the Magic are playing, I truly believe they can take this series away from the Celtics and set a record for the first time ever to come back from 3-0 in the NBA playoffs! :D

Oh well, at least they didn't get swept; I'm still proud of them for not giving up after that game 3 embarrassment and winning 2 games in a row after that. I also like how they showed such sportsmanship by congratulating the Celtics for the win. :)

I think LA is gonna take Phoenix, so it's probably gonna be the classic rivalry of Boston vs. LA! :D

Phil Jackson is 47-0 in playoff series when winning Game 1 of the series.

Looking good for 48-0...

Woah, Ray Allen not bad behind the three point line. And a triple-double for Rondo.

Celtics still going strong it seems.

Team work and physical presence can only take you so far - you do need real star quality in the team - so I think that the Lakers are favourite.

Yeah, Kobe has been knocking down some unbelievable shots in the last few games. The Celtics can't really hold him back.

Team work and physical presence can only take you so far - you do need real star quality in the team - so I think that the Lakers are favourite.

Funny ? I'd say the opposite. With Pierce, Garnett, Allen, and Rondo, I'd wager the Celtics have more star power now. However, I still think the Lakers have the two best players on both teams in Kobe and Pau, so maybe that wins.

Anyhow, tonight was a fantastic display of teamwork and physical presence by the Lakers, something that's sorely been missing lately. If they can match this intensity and energy in Game 7 (and there's nothing else to save it for, guys), they've got a good shot.

Come on, now! We can string together a pair of high-effort games, right?

CONGRATS TO THE LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, God damn Kobe's wife is hot! :drool:

Last edited:
Congrats to the Lakers, wasn't the best playoffs game, but was definitely a great playoff series (save for the odd game here and there).

Hard to imagine that Phil Jackson has run out of fingers to put rings on now.

That was INTENSE!!!!