NBA 2010-2011

Hmm...I wonder why the LeBron haters/Chicago fans of this forum haven't replied to this thread for while...:hmm:

:p
I assume you're referring to me... been busy all week, but I've been watching. :) Anyone not following these finals is no basketball fan.

I was going reply to this:

That basically showed that D.Rose can't perform under extreme pressure; he's just too young.
...but it's so misinformed on so many levels, I decided against it. :p

I assume you're referring to me... been busy all week, but I've been watching. :) Anyone not following these finals is no basketball fan.

Well, you and RaptorJesus. :p

I was going reply to this:

...but it's so misinformed on so many levels, I decided against it. :p

Don't be scared; give it a shot. ;)

Don't be scared; give it a shot. ;)
There's really not much I can say if that's the lone impression you walked away with. In fact, it makes me question if you even watched the series.

The Bulls ran into a team with much more offensive talent, an elite defense capable of matching up with their own, the best player in the league, and a renewed focus. That is why they lost. I hadn't seen a single thing written or said to the contrary. Until I read your comment, that is.

I don't see how anyone could confuse the reasoning and blame Derrick Rose, of all people, but you evidently believe he folded under pressure and cost his team a trip to the finals. Perhaps you could enlighten me...

I truly am afraid to ask you to expand on your blatantly erroneous statement, but give it a shot. ;)

Simply put, Rose failed at leading his team. He was put under the spotlight by facing Miami's big 3 in the East finals. He went into that series thinking it would be easy because they won the season series, but didn't realize how different the upper echelons of the playoffs are to the regular season. This was the first time he made it out of the first round and he simply wasn't ready for the increasing intensity of the later rounds (let's face it, the Bulls didn't exactly have a tough time getting through Indiana and Atlanta to get to the East finals). A mixture of intense defense and lack of experience prevented Chicago's most powerful weapon from making a difference. That was my prediction all along; I said either Orlando or Miami would take Chicago because I knew that Rose is all they have offensively and that would simply not be enough.

Last edited:
I literally can't wait for tonight's game ! Dallas has a huge advantage now, mainly because their home crowd is just so much more intense than Miami's. That should give the Mavs a huge boost on the court.

The game 2 comeback win for Dallas has got to be hugely demoralizing for Miami so it will be interesting to see how they respond tonight.

Well, one thing they won't do is start celebrating if they're up by 15 with 5 mins to go. :p

The Mavs have a pretty good player introduction, mainly because they played Eminence Front by The Who. :D

Edit: Tough loss for the Mavs; Dirk easily makes that shot all the time, but it just didn't fall. Also, I first thought it was ridiculous how Bosh reacted to his eye injury in the beginning of the game. I thought it was a huge flop from watching the replays, but then I saw the redness and swelling in his eye later in the game; he must've been poked really hard for that amount of swelling (his eye shrunk to like 3/4 normal size). Still, he did get the game-winning basket, so I don't think he cares about his injury or of people who think he flopped. :p

Last edited:
Another comeback for the Mavs! Miami really can't learn from their earlier meltdowns it seems.

Series tied 2-2 so it now it really is more important than ever to win the next game for both teams.

C'MON MAVS!!! Just one more game!

Remember what happened last year? The Lakers were down 3-2 and won both games at home. Lets see if the Heat can pull off the same feat. :D

One problem the Heat are having is LeBron; even though he got a triple-double, it didn't feel like he was there like he was in the Chicago series. He's gonna have to step it up at home if he wants his first ring. Although I believe Dirk deserves it more because he's getting pretty old (turning 33 years old on June 19th; a championship ring would be a pretty good birthday gift for him. :D) and this could be his last chance. Jason Kidd (38 years old) also had 2 chances to win the title with the Nets back in '02 and '03, so I would like him to finally win also.

Last edited:
This is a new feeling for me. I'm usually against the Mav's (Houston fan), but anyone playing against LeBron Jackass has got my support.

Something interesting is comparing last year's finals to this year's:

Game 1: Lakers
Game 2: Celtics
Game 3: Lakers
Game 4: Celtics
Game 5: Celtics
Game 6: Lakers
Game 7: Lakers

Game 1: Heat
Game 2: Mavericks
Game 3: Heat
Game 4: Mavericks
Game 5: Mavericks
Game 6: ???
Game 7: ???

Look familiar? :p

I think the main reason the Celtics lost those last two games at Staples was the fact that they lost Kendrick Perkins. After that their play at the defensive end wasn't the same as it was before and the Lakers took full advantage of that.

The universe has taken a step towards balance. Good for Dirk, but Terry came through in this game picking up slack when Dirk was cold, though he got hot again in the 4th like a boss.

Congrats to the Mavs! :D

They deserved it after humiliating the 2-time defending champs, Dirk deserved his MVP for his greatness and hard work, and Jason Kidd finally got his first championship after 17 years and 2 lost chances with the Nets.

The main thing that killed the Heat this game was their horrible free throw shooting and James simply not living up to his previous greatness that he had against the Celtics and the Bulls.

Congrats Dallas! I agree that fully deserved that one. I couldn't have been the only one to have sniggered at LeBron and friends being so close, yet so far. (Though I'm sure they'll have lots more chances in the coming years).

I bet they have a tough time, because as the Lakers and Celtics decay, the Bulls, and Thunder are turning into young powerhouses. I can see the Clippers of all teams in a few years building around Blake Griffin. I can only see the Heat getting better chemistry earlier next year, but the question of Lebron being able to step up in Finals is a whole nother animal.